Signature on N400 ??

complex_dude

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I was reading some earlier posts on this forum that seem to suggest that we are supposed to sign our full-name on the N400. My signature (one on DL/GC, etc) is a compressed form of my name, which is what I used on N400 (part 11, the one signed before sending application).

My questions:

1. Is the full-name signature required on part 11 of N400 as well, or is this specific to part 13 (which is to be signed in presence of IO) ?

2. If part 11 should also be a full-name signature, what are my options to correct this ?

3. Any other places in the N400 process (oath etc) that require full-name signature ?

Thanks,
cd

Here's what I did, complex_dude: except for the section where I had to sign in the presence of IO, I wrote my full name in cursive in Firstname Middlename Lastname format. At the time I had to sign in front of the IO, I asked her specifically how I was supposed to sign and she insisted that I should sign it exactly like I would sign everywhere else (like bank etc) which could be compressed form like yours or a scrawl or a cartoonish kind of representation, doesn't matter so long as it is true and consistent....whatever happens to be your true signature.

Thanks a lot BadKarma. Do you think it would have mattered if you would have signed the 'true' signature (eg compressed form) everywhere else ?

-cd