Signature on Certificate of Naturalization

fox2010

Registered Users (C)
hi folks question about Signature on Certificate of Naturalization.
The signature i had signed on my Certificate of Naturalization is different than the one i signed on my photo,will it going to be an issue when i apply for my passport? :confused:
please help.

Hi
The officer at the oath ceremony did mentioned that the signature has to be the exactly same as the one on the picture.

why would someone's signature all of sudden change after becoming USC?
I can't think of a reason.

Because on the back of the photo i had signed and printed my name when i submit my n400,but during the interview today the officer were ask me to sign with regular signature.
that is what happened after i got my certificate ,i got confused ,i actually signed with my regular signature and i printed my full name on the certificate.

I don't think the officer mentioned it today,all i remember is she asked us to signed but didn't explain how to sign it. i know it is not their fault,that is why i am here ask for help. am i just wondering if it is really an issue or not?

Because N400 instructions say signature need to be legible so that it cause confusion. Therefore many people do not sign their regular signature in the whole N400 process

I don't think the officer mentioned it today,all i remember is she asked us to signed but didn't explain how to sign it. i know it is not their fault,that is why i am here ask for help. am i just wondering if it is really an issue or not?

It will NOT be an issue, US postal employees aren't nutty like USCIS officials. The passport application officer is interested in making sure that the passport application is filled correctly, fee is correct, the naturalization certificate is the original with a photo of the applicant, that's it. You are worrying about a non-issue. Good luck with your passport application, plus your future travels...

Thanks guys. I had submitted my passport application today.The agent did not question me about the signature.LOL.