should v be concerned if LUD changes even after plastic card is received?

sera_sera

Registered Users (C)
I received my plastic card in dec'04

I observed that in last 1 month, LUD on my application status
has changed twice with same online status message ,

should I be concerned about this?

please share your thougths on this

thanks

--------------------------
wac-02-144-*****
I485 AD 07/04
CR 12/04

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you working for sponsering company.
If NO then,
Is there any change on approved 140 LUD ?
If NO then IMHO there is no need to worry.

Have yu filed AC21 at any time ?

not working for sponsoring company

MD_Rockville

thank you for your reply,

I'm not working for sponsoring company,
yes, there was a LUD change on my I-140 application as well
yes I used AC21 ( informed USCIS - sent a letter thru attorney)

please let me know if all this implies something,

Thanks

If you already got your plastic card, then start worrying about something else, why LUD? You are done with your GC journey........

Jalma said:
If you already got your plastic card, then start worrying about something else, why LUD? You are done with your GC journey........
thats not true..you can get a NOIR after approval as well..( 5 years from approval date )

MD That maybe true.

You can't change the past but you can ruin a perfectly good present by worrying about the future !!!

We all have enough things to worry about anyways viz. spouse, kids, insurance, tickets, parents overseas etc.. list goes on.

Why fret about something which has already happened. If an NOIR is coming. well it is coming and let us worry about it when it comes considering that it is sent only under exceptional circumstances anyway.

Yeppo

1 yr after applying I485

MD Rockville,

I informed USCIS 1 yr after applying I485
I didn't receive any RFE, they approved straight away

Thanks

sera_sera said:
MD Rockville,
I informed USCIS 1 yr after applying I485
I didn't receive any RFE, they approved straight away
Thanks
then there is no need to worry :) you can call up USCIS to know 140 LUD change reason and get peace of mind ;)

NOIR is Notice of Intent to Rescind(Revoke) which was recently issued to someone who had switched jobs without informing USCIS (if I am not wrong). This case was reported by Murthy as an advice to people who want to/do not want to inform USCIS about job change using AC21. But the rider here was that his previous employer had sent in a 140 revocation request and I guess by the time USCIS got around to looking at it the GC had gotten approved. Even in cases when the 485 has not been adjudicated and employee has switched jobs using AC21 (and not informing USCIS) and prior employer sends in 140 revoication request, USCIS issues a NOID (Notice of intent to Deny) which is easily handled by proper documentation showing that the job change was in line with AC21 requirements. In this case they just flipped NOID to NOIR and IMHO it can also be handled in the same way with proper docs. That is what there are lawyers for.

Yeppo

yeppo said:
In this case they just flipped NOID to NOIR and IMHO it can also be handled in the same way with proper docs. That is what there are lawyers for.
very true..they are same beast

Thank you guys

Thank You MD Rockville and Yeppo,

Yeppo :
you are right, I started worrying after looking at
Murthy's news letter,

I already called USCIS 800#, but they read out whatever is there on
online status message,

I'll try to call USCIS emergency# now, I'll post the info here
after I talk to them

thanks again for ur input and for your time,

Thanks for answering. But still changes in LUD should not affect someone's life. My EAD lud changed even after passport stamping. What the heck, let them change.... who cares?

Don't worry until there is a real problem. My advise is stop looking at the lud once you receive your card. Enjoy life......

Jalma,

That LUD change is bcos of the cards you must have returned when stamping. Happened to me too...

Yeppo

wooh - what a relief

friends,

I just now got off the phone with USCIS rep on
USCIS emergency line (he was v polite)
he told me that I see a LUD change on my I-140 and I-485
applications becuase of address change I had sent,
he told me everything is fine on my application

what a relief !!!!

thanks again for all ur info

thanks

Why do you worry about it so much? USCIS itself says that LUD changes periodically due to internal system processing without change in status.

I didn't know

pthreads

I didn't know about USCIS periodical internal system processing,
thanks for the info,

thanks