• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Should they select more people with the new online system???

DANIELMDQ

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys, i was wondering...

Since they no longer send confirmation letters through postage, i really think they sould increase the number of selectees to be able to grant all the available visas

1) Many people will keep thinking that it still works like it did before (through letters), especially people that knows how to apply because all the times they applied before, but they don't understand english, and they will just close the window and don't keep the number, or just don't check it assuming they will get a letter.

2)I'm sure some people will lose the number and they won't be able to retraive it

3)Many people are not really interested in winning the lottery, they just apply to "see what happens" and since they won't get anything at their home reminding them about it, they will just forget and never check again. Just people really interested about moving to the US will remind to go to the site and check their status.

That's why i think with this new system they should increase the number of selectees

What do you think people?

maybe~!
I'm asking the following:
1. when you are selected will you be expected to give an address of resident in the US? what of people that don't know anybody in the US?
2. if you are not in a country of your birth or citizenship, in another country for other purposes( studies etc). where will be your country where you will have your visa interview after being selected? in the country where you live today or in the country of your birth?
3. what documents will they ask for during the interview?
4. when you are successful for the interview and you are still a student in a university other than in Us what happens? what is expected of you? to immigrate immediately or you can go to the US and come back to complete your education?
5. please tell me about more details of this visa lottery after the application
thank you~! help out on this questions please

Hi Guys, i was wondering...

Since they no longer send confirmation letters through postage, i really think they sould increase the number of selectees to be able to grant all the available visas

1) Many people will keep thinking that it still works like it did before (through letters), especially people that knows how to apply because all the times they applied before, but they don't understand english, and they will just close the window and don't keep the number, or just don't check it assuming they will get a letter.

2)I'm sure some people will lose the number and they won't be able to retraive it

3)Many people are not really interested in winning the lottery, they just apply to "see what happens" and since they won't get anything at their home reminding them about it, they will just forget and never check again. Just people really interested about moving to the US will remind to go to the site and check their status.

That's why i think with this new system they should increase the number of selectees

What do you think people?

You may have a point but I believe that they actually already choose 100,000 winners to make up for the instances where winners would not go through with the visa process. Even with that number of slack (2 times more winners than visas), I do not think that there has been a year when ALL 50,000 visas were granted.