Should profanity be allowed on this forum?

Should profanity and bad words be allowed?

• Yes, we are all adults and can handle it, plus nothing wrong with expressing your anger and sharing

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • No, we are all grown ups, and need to behave in a civilized manner. If you are angry, there are bett

Votes: 64 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1. I believe letting off steam once in a while is good. Heck, sometimes it's even humorous!
2. I don't know whether there are any legal implications for the website host/owner if some visitors are offended by the content.
3. Just hypothetically, if you call BCIS names, and they decided they dont like it, I don't know the legal position.

What we really need to disallow is personal or ethnic/religious/geographical group attacks, whether they include profanity or not.

Hindi profanity offends we people.
Countless number of time people have be writing profanity in
the messages . But, no one was offended. and offcourse ,
you are a wizard when we use profanity in english.

if I am not wrong lot of the same people who are offended by
profanity in hindi, use F- word all the time.

we are hypocrit.

Originally posted by gopher97
Disclosure: Following post may contain profanity. If you are offended by it, please stop reading and move on. Rated R for SL

Who's gonna police profanity. Silly Man, get ready to do some serious janitorial work.

Fucking Prozac ain't working! Fucking BCIS officers seem to be on a jerking off marathon! Ok, I feel better now.

gopher you are right. Also, to what extent should it be censored. I guess I'll follow the strategy of .. if anyone objects, I'd have to freedom to delete that post/thread without holding a poll for it, and giving this poll as a backup for it.

So it will be more event based. AsyncCallBack function.

Hmmm

Hmmm
Hmmm....And you guys are surprised that cultured and literate folks like you are not getting your permanent residency. IMHO, I would not even allow you back to India or where ever you come from. Please show some respect for other readers of these forums.

Spewing profanity in a forum is easy - if you really feel the need to get BCIS's attention in your own special way, why don't you translate your words to English, specify your WAC number, and send a letter to the BCIS head? You will surely get an instantaneous response.

The poll will also clearly illustrate the culture and depth of the individuals who are posting to these forums.

This is a Desi thing right? If it is free, misuse and abuse it. If Rajeev Khanna starts charging a subscription fee, it will be interesting to see how many of you drop off the forums....

Re: Hmmm

Originally posted by rsimhamb
Spewing profanity in a forum is easy - if you really feel the need to get BCIS's attention in your own special way, why don't you translate your words to English, specify your WAC number, and send a letter to the BCIS head? You will surely get an instantaneous response.

Nice :)

rsimhamb,

"Hmmm....And you guys are surprised that cultured and literate folks like you are not getting your permanent residency. "
> and that includes you and me. BCIS do not do check adicates when approving application.

" IMHO, I would not even allow you back to India or where ever you come from. Please show some respect for other readers of these forums "
> buddy ,If you apply that univesally, then no one would live in >any country.

rsimhamb,

"why don't you translate your words to English, specify your WAC number, and send a letter to the BCIS head? You will surely get an instantaneous response."

>" instantaneous response " , you must be kidding me. AT CSC
> " instantaneous response " is a foreign language. Perhaps,
> you did not check the JIT. The Guy who wrote " letter or query"
> in dec last year have not got the responce so far.

MY apologies PLEASE

AT THE OUTSET PLEASE DO ACCEPT MY APOLOGIES. WELL I STARTED A THREAD A FEW DAYS BACK, REQUESTING PEOPLE TO TAKE OFF IN THEIR MOTHER TONGUE PRIMARILY TO HAVE SOME FUN AND ALSO TO RELEIVE THEIR FRUSTRATION SINCE SOMETIME YOU FEEL GREAT WHEN YOU FIRE SOME ONE IN YOUR OWN NATIVE LANGUAGE. WE DID GET A FANTASTIC RESPONSE THEN.

NEVER DID I REALIZE THAT IT WILL TRIGGER ANOTHER THREAD SIMILAR TO THAT BUT WITH REAL POISON. I FEEL WE SHOULD REFRAIN FROM GETTING REALLY UGLY. HOWEVER I REALIZE THAT THE FRUSTRATION IS STILL LINGERING AROUND AND SURELY NEEDS TO BE VENTED SOMEWHERE AND SO LETS TRY AND GET SOME OTHER BETTER OPINION ON THAT.

PLEASE LET US KNOW THE VARIOUS WAYS WE CAN VENT OUT OUR FRUSTRATIONS WITHOUT OFFENDING ANYONE????

Maybe we should include a rating on the thread itself

Blank = safe to enter :)
A = Adult = Containing Profanity

This is soooo funny having a poll on this stuff SM good stuff man :)

Disclosure: Following post may contain profanity. If you are offended by it, please stop reading and move on. Rated R for SL

PLEASE LET US KNOW THE VARIOUS WAYS WE CAN VENT OUT OUR FRUSTRATIONS WITHOUT OFFENDING ANYONE????

Hand and lotion! just kidddin, ok!?

And you guys are surprised that cultured and literate folks like you are not getting your permanent residency

Damn! Let me go wash my mouth out with soap, I might get an approval tomorrow!

IMHO, I would not even allow you back to India or where ever you come from.

Ya know what they say about opinions... they are like assholes, everyone has one!

The poll will also clearly illustrate the culture and depth of the individuals who are posting to these forums.

Ok, no culture and depth here. I just want a fucking green card! and if swearing here makes me feel better in this endless wait, I have no problem with it. I don't think there are any minors here. I think your morals are way too high to be permanently residing in a country where the president is famous for addressing people as "major league assholes" and the ex-president was busy getting blow-jobs at work.

This is a Desi thing right? If it is free, misuse and abuse it.

What abuse! No one forceed you to read those threads. Heck, the headings were very explicit. Those threads never interested me and I never posted anything there, but I can live with it.

Having said all this, guess this is a democracy and the majority seems to differ from my opinion, so Silly Man, go ahead and delete any of my future accidental posts. Don't even waste your time scrutinizing it as it WILL contain profanity.

gopher97 - More on this...

gopher97 - You will surely get your green card soon, at least I hope you do. However explain to me how cursing someone's mother will expedite your case approval. If you (or anyone else) indeed have an explanation, you are sitting on a goldmine. Exploit it - you may soon drive all these Immigration lawyers out of business and make lots of money.

I like you comment on people having opinion. Did you think of it yourself, or this is another one of your inane attempts to integrate with people in this country? Tell you what, indulge in volunteerism - it's good for the soul, and is a far more effective way to integrate with people here, rather than hoping that using un-original statements laced with profanity will help you get accepted in this society. If you are already volunteering, good for you - you are on the right track.

You talk of democracy - if you attempt to understand the core principles, civil responsibilitis and civil rights go hand in hand i.e. one cannot be without the other. Your comment is analogous to "hey I just shot someone, if you don't like it, don't look and don't speak up". What you are stating is similar to the ostrich burying it's head in the sand story. Sorry mate, I speak up.

Did I state that I was on a moral high ground? (I surely am on a higher scale of civility). You appear to be confusing the two. Where did you get that from? It is pretty clear that you are extremely frustrated with this BCIS process and will not hesitate to take it out on nameless, faceless individuals. Too bad mate. Again, it's not expediting your green card process.

This is very bad !

Hi,

Please don't take my reply to be a personal attack against anyone.
But my strong request is that no offensive language should be used in this board.
It is very uncomfortable for girls like us , to see all this....!
It kind of reminded me of the college days back in India where we would avoid to pass by group of uneducated guys for the fear that they may say or pass an indecent comment.

I believe that all members in this forum are matured and very well educated......just ask yourself whether you would say such words infront of your family. If not, then please dont say it in public forums too.

Some people might say that "If I dont like it I should not read it".......but if something is there in the subject line of the main page then obviously only after reading we would feel that it is very inappropriate to have such talks in a I485 forum.

Although I have registered recently but I have been going through this forum for about over a year......but such bad language seems to be creeping up more and more only in the past few months.Now the bad thing is that even if I go to a proper forum focussing on 485 issues people would put one or two silly remarks in there.
It's like nothing is clean anymore.......

Hope SM would do something about this !
Thanks,
WAC-02-057-XXXXX

havingfaith, the world is a worth enough place to live in because of nice girls like you.

If (and as it seems it will), this poll shows that the majority doesn't want profanity, there will be no profanity.

About making indecent remarks, that might make you feel uncomfy, consider it this way, we all make those remarks to a monster who is troubling you and us... think of it this way, until we clean this board up .. :)

Thanks !

Thanks Sillyman .....thanks for working upto the expectations of the members of this board :)

Regards,
WAC-02-057-XXXXX

Last edited by a moderator:
always something interesting happening in california (or, at least, in the CSC forum). i remember reading many rains ago that the japanese language does not have many (or any!) cuss words. with the absence of that safety vent, the author went on to theorize, the average japanese is more apt to commit murder and/or harakiri when they finally blow their top. while this sounds like unfounded crap (considering that the author in question was ian fleming), one does see the point.

provided one does not get deluged with profanity, a judicious foxtrot-uncle-charlie-kilo could be refreshing.

so FUCK BCIS!

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like we word "SPAM" on a thread, we should also have "profanity" on other threads.

I would recommend you watch the christmas sucks episode from south park though.

rsimhamb,

In spite of my explicit warning on the top and the bottom of my posting you chose to read it. You chose to read the very profanity you claim to be offended by. Why? Perhaps, you have an inherent craving for it, but would prefer to portray a "civil" outlook.

However explain to me how cursing someone's mother will expedite your case approval.

Why don't you ask the people who posted those messages? I have not made one such post and frankly think that those messages served no purpose. I just chose to ignore them instead of screaming for a pacifier.

Tell you what, indulge in volunteerism - it's good for the soul, and is a far more effective way to integrate with people here, rather than hoping that using un-original statements laced with profanity will help you get accepted in this society. If you are already volunteering, good for you - you are on the right track.

I don't know what volunteerism has anything to do with this, but since you brought it up, I do volunteer. I am not looking for "acceptance" in this society. As I said before, I just want a fucking green card. Obviously, you are the one looking for acceptance by going with the popular vote, but unknowingly contradicting yourself by reading my previous post!

You talk of democracy - if you attempt to understand the core principles, civil responsibilitis and civil rights go hand in hand i.e. one cannot be without the other. Your comment is analogous to "hey I just shot someone, if you don't like it, don't look and don't speak up".

I brought up democracy not to justify swearing, but to point out that I would have no objection if the moderator or the majority deemed my post unsuitable and chose to delete it. Seems to me that this is beyond your level of comprehension.

What you are stating is similar to the ostrich burying it's head in the sand story. Sorry mate, I speak up.

Never heard the story, but I don't care for your story of mating the ostrich. Sure, speak up, but please think before you do.

Did I state that I was on a moral high ground? (I surely am on a higher scale of civility). You appear to be confusing the two. Where did you get that from?

Oh, pardon me! So the president is uncivil for using the word "asshole". Why don't you send him a letter with your name (inlude your WAC number too if you'd like as you suggested) stating that you are offended by it and that you are "on a higher scale of civility", but would still like to settle here permanently? May be he will change.

It is pretty clear that you are extremely frustrated with this BCIS process and will not hesitate to take it out on nameless, faceless individuals. Too bad mate. Again, it's not expediting your green card process.

Yes, I am frustrated with the process. Jeez.... what gave that away?! And, thanks for clarifying that it won't expedite my green card process. I did not know that.

Cheers!