Should Immigration be stopped...

ShantanuBisBack

Registered Users (C)
Just too many people have entered the country. Economy is not doing good. I think they need to stop issuing Green Cards, H1s etc etc till economy improves.

Too many people enter to visit also. That helps the economy.

My dear intellectually challenged friend, none of the observations stated above is a good enough reason to stop immigration.

Take it easy

This is just a joke !

Mr. ShantanuB has already been approved and he is just busting our chops for fun ! and thats the reason why i mentioned that it should be taken back from some people (i of course meant ShantanuB)
:D

I know why you are saying this...probably you got your GC recently and you think that you are going to loose your job sooner or later ....right ShantanuB:eek:

Re: Take it easy

Originally posted by isGCtheKey?
This is just a joke !

Mr. ShantanuB has already been approved and he is just busting our chops for fun ! and thats the reason why i mentioned that it should be taken back from some people (i of course meant ShantanuB)
:D

Good comment!!!!!!!

It's not fair to say that immigration has to be stopped when one gets GC. So as you said law has to be postdated.

BTW, Why most of us forget the path we took once we get GC or citizenship??????????

Agree, but its needed...

I agree how it feels to hear this when you are waiting on GCs. But for the benefit of all it makes sense to stop issuing GCs. I am not against issuing H1Bs, but L1 and GCs should be stopped. Its not fair in US Citizens and Permanent Residents. I got my GC in boom time when everyone had jobs.

If the economy is bad then first diversity lottery GC has to be stopped, then family based GCs and then or finally EB GCs since every resident work here not only EB visa holders.