Should I Worry?

locomoco

Registered Users (C)
Thank you for your help in advance.

I sent my N-400 in on 07/17/07 to the California office.
on 07/20 usps tracking stated delivered.
on 07/27 Check was cashed.

Now I guess I wait for a receipt or NOA, (still not sure what all these acronyms are)

But my brother and his wifes checkes were cashed 3 days after mines and they have received the FP,Finger printing noticed about 2 weeks ago. I have not received anything. Now they got help to fill out there N-400, not sure if the person who helped them sent the N-400 to the San Francisco office and not the California office like me, maybe that made there Application faster.

Oh yeah and I was so much in a rush to beat the fee hike date that I forgot to send my photos and a copy of my Resident Card, But I read In another thread that I should just take these documents to the interview.

Just be a bit patient, the letter will arrive. I am not sure, but lawyers could have more direct channels to deliver the application. Although I have never heard of that. You did well by sending it to the California Service Center. If you are in San Francisco you are lucky, as it is faster than San Jose.

Well my brother lives in Richmond CA 94806, and I live in Fairfield CA 94533.

So When sending the application to the California Service Center, they send it to the proper office based on your location?

I didn't send in photo's or copies of my GC either and I had no problems. The fact that your check was cashed indicates they've accepted your application.

Just be patient.

Yeah, Received my Notice today from Laguna Niguel CA.

Checked USCIS site for processing time, but not N-400 times under California Service Center.

Last edited by a moderator:
The USCIS website has a Field Office Locator. 92677 is the zip code for Laguan Niguel - it makes sense since they have received your application that they send the Notice of Actino from Laguna Niguel.

You are very welcome.

To keep your expectations in line with reality, you can keep in mind the following facts:
- the Processing Dates are pretty much the same for quite a few District Offices (just in California Chula Vista, San Francisco, Fresno and Sacramento all show the same date of 01/12)
- the dates displayed right now do not reflect the fact that the N-400 application surge is increasing the time it is now taking to process N-400 applications. In other words, the 7 months between January 12th (processing date) and now may become 12 months for the applications submitted in July... :(