WouldBeCitizen

Registered Users (C)
Greetings

First question :
==========
GC on 2/xx/99
Two Indian trips - 3 weeks each
One Canadian trip - 3 days

(That is, total outside USA: No more than 7 weeks)

Eligibility to Citizenship: 2/xx/04 minus 90 days = (11/xx/03).

Should I add 7 weeks to 11/xx/03 and wait? (I do not want to wait and want to apply on 12/01/03. OK to go ahead?)

Second question:
=============
The court in Alabama is not sending my clearance paper for the traffic ticket a few years ago. I called three times and they said we are sending it today!. Same answer but the mail never comes here. I have the copy of ticket and the receipt that I paid the tkt with money order. Will this do? Or should I write a masala letter to this court asking him to send it asap? :)

Thanks a lot in advance as usual.

Have a great mid week :)

First Answer: No

Second Answer: That should be good enough. In all probability, you will not be asked about your speeding tickets!!

Originally posted by WouldBeCitizen
Should I add 7 weeks to 11/xx/03 and wait? (I do not want to wait and want to apply on 12/01/03. OK to go ahead?)

Dude
You said a cryptic NO for the above. Do you mean NO for "Should I add 7 weeks to 11/xx/03 and wait?" or do you mean No for "Ok to go head?"

Please reply :confused: getting tensed up here pal

No to -> do I need to add those 7 weeks.
You can apply 90 days before you complete 5 years. Note, there is some confusion whether it 90 days or 3 months. I would make sure I satify BOTH (just a matter of couple of days) before applying.

Originally posted by phillydude
No to -> do I need to add those 7 weeks.
You can apply 90 days before you complete 5 years. Note, there is some confusion whether it 90 days or 3 months. I would make sure I satify BOTH (just a matter of couple of days) before applying.

Dude

I am not a lawyer, I do not have a law degree and I am not an expert. But so what, reading the news groups and discussion forums, I filed for I-140, I-485 and H1 Visa and H4 visa all by myself (for me and the whole family) and got them without any problems. Now planning to file N-400 by myself. So listen to me!

Great! I could not help smile reading this.

My $0.02

I had called INS before applying, and asked about traffic tickets, and they said I don't need to mention unless it is DUI or reckless driving, where I was arrested. I had no problems in my interview.