Should I submit my W-2 and tax return when I file my I485?

JH

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus.

(1) Is it necessary to submit my W-2 or tax return when I file my I485? My lawyer gave me a list of paperworks for me to prepare. I don\'t see any personal financial documents such as paystubs, W-2 or tax return in the list. Should I send them anyway as a precaution?

(2) My lawyer wants the employment letter to be notorized. I have already got the employment letter on the company letterhead with my VP\'s signature. Is it necessary to have it notorized?

Please advice. Thanks a bunch.

No Title

Yes you need to submit W2\'s and tax retursn while submitting.
I don\'t think you need to get Employment letter to get notorized.

Kiran

No Title

JH:

I and my wife just got our passports stamped. The following answers are based on our own experience.

1. These are the financial documents we filed in support of our I485: Copies of past tax returns, paystubs, a letter from the bank giving the balance on that particular day, the daily average balance and the duration the account has been active (your bank folks will know), and a similar statement from my brokerage account. I did not have a house, but if I did, I would have enclosed copies of the property deeds as well.

2. I do not remember either of us getting our employment letters notorized.

Hope this helps.

Amar

No Title

Thanks very much NeartoGC and Amar. Your help is deeply appreciated.

JH

No Title

JH:
Get last three years of W2 and tax returns( Provided you are working from last three years ). If you dont have your tax returns you can call IRS and they will send you copy of your previous years records.

Sheff\'s