Should I reschedule my FP2??????? Urgent

desi_girl

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My husband and I are travelling to India this wednesay and we just received the FP2 appointment for this Friday.

Should try to do the FP on Wednesday before I leave? or
should I reschedule the appointment.

Please advice

Thanks

Hi,
My husband and I are travelling to India this wednesay and we just received the FP2 appointment for this Friday.

Should try to do the FP on Wednesday before I leave? or
should I reschedule the appointment.

Please advice

Thanks

Hi ,
Give it a try !!! You should go tomorrow or early Wednesday , and do the FP's , and make sure that you show them proof that you'll travel on Wednesday , and i think that they will do your FP's there on the spot , without problems !!! But don't make the mistake to not show up , even reschedule , because this will delay your case process !!! That's my advise , maibe i'm wrong , but maibe somebody else has another impression about this . If so let's hear it !!! Good luck and have a nice trip !!!

reschedule timeline

If I am unable to get the fingerprinting done, should my reschedule request letter reach them before the actual appointment date?

If I am unable to get the fingerprinting done, should my reschedule request letter reach them before the actual appointment date?

Hi ,

In that case you have to call the costumer service rightaway and request the rescheduling of your FP !!! But i still think that if you are prepered to go now , and tell them that you have an emergency and is necesary for you to travel , also show them your tickets for traveling , you can make it on the spot !!! Usually , wednesday it's a good day for FP , so just try to insist a little on this matter , and you'll be OK !!! I wish you good luck !!! Let us know how it worked !!!

reschedule

Hi,
I went this morning and the agent did not do my FingerPrinting!!.
Anyway, she told that i had to re-schedule it for another day.

I don't know how loooong they would take to re-schedule my next appointment!

Thank you

FP Completed

Hi,
I rescheduled my FP appt. After I returned my vacation, I called the NSC office and spoke to Tom.He spoke well and scheduled my appt.
Last week, we got our 2nd Fp done.

Thanks

Hi,
I rescheduled my FP appt. After I returned my vacation, I called the NSC office and spoke to Tom.He spoke well and scheduled my appt.

Thanks

desi_girl-

I am in a similar situation. I just got FP notices for myself and my wife. But my wife is in India currently and will not be back for 2 months.

I am planning to give my finger prints on the scheduled date (May 4th) and request a re-reschedule for my wife at that time. The FP notice says to mail the original to the local ASC with the reschedule request. But I am thinking I will just take it with me and explain the situation in person.

My question to you is-

when you attempted to give FP in February and were turned down, did you not try to reschedule at that time? Why did you have to wait until you got back to reschedule the appointment? Seems like you called the NSC (is that Nebraska Service Center??) after you came back from your trip. Why did you wait to reschedule? Could you not ask for a date 2 months out?

thanks
duggils1

I am convinced that they talk to the airlines to find out when people are traveling, then they schedule FP appointments for when people will be away.

I am outside my home state on a short business trip to one of my employer's offices, and my employer's lawyer just told me that I have an FP appointment this week at the immigration office in my home state, the day before I'm supposed to return home.

I'm going to try for a walk-in, and if that fails I'll have to cut the trip short and fly back before the appointment. At least the bright side is that I should have the green card very soon, now that my priority date becomes current in May.

I love how they keep you waiting for years, then expect you to show up at an office all of a sudden within 3-4 days notice.

hi desi_girl

I got my first FP done in Feb 2006. I have not received the notice for the 2nd FP yet. Can you tell me how long does it take normally to get the second FP notice. Thanks a lot.

abu2003

They rejected me at the walk-in. They said they didn't mind that the appointment was for different place, but they wouldn't take me because it was for another day.

To avoid any trouble, rather than go back to the out-of-state office on the day of the appointment and take my chances again, I cut the trip short so I can be back in town for the original time and place of the appointment.

Please help - Missed 2nd FP notice because of Vacation

Hi,

Thanks

Hi,
My spouse missed the 2nd FP notice because the notice came after we left for vacation and the appointment date was before we came back. What should we do now? Please advise.

Regards,
oajnabi

My reschedule experience

desi_girl-

I am in a similar situation. I just got FP notices for myself and my wife. But my wife is in India currently and will not be back for 2 months.

I am planning to give my finger prints on the scheduled date (May 4th) and request a re-reschedule for my wife at that time. The FP notice says to mail the original to the local ASC with the reschedule request. But I am thinking I will just take it with me and explain the situation in person.

My question to you is-

when you attempted to give FP in February and were turned down, did you not try to reschedule at that time? Why did you have to wait until you got back to reschedule the appointment? Seems like you called the NSC (is that Nebraska Service Center??) after you came back from your trip. Why did you wait to reschedule? Could you not ask for a date 2 months out?

thanks
duggils1

Hi,
I got my first FP appt in Sep 2005.
I was waiting for the 2nd FP since the validity of FP is only 15 months. Then we had a change on the online status on Jan 2007.So i kjnew that I might get the 2nd FP soon.
I got a mail on 2/19/07 about my 2nd FP n 2/23/07. Unfortunately I had to travel on 2/21/07. Since it was too complicated to cancel my trip, I tried to do a walk in on 2/21/07.
The lady in the FP office refused to accept our walk-in. We took our tickets for proof, but she did not care to verify any details. She said that I have to mail the letter and request for re-scheduling since she will not be able to take any letters at the local center for re-scheduling.
I informed my company who promised to send my re-schedule letter.I don't know the status of what they did or when they sent the letter. I assume that they had sent the letter.
Anyway after i returned from mytrip, I called the office to check my status. Mr.Tom did not mention if he had received my letter or any such details. He looked at our cases and said that it was not yet re-scheduled. He also said that he will immediately send a notice to re-schedule our appointments.He was very kind and asked if there is anything else he can do for me! I was so tempted to ask him to send our GC's- Well, i didn't do that!

From the forums, i noticed that some people had luck in walk-ins. I guess it depends on the center and the person working there.
Also, i think you have around 30-90 days( i forgot the exact number) before which you can apply for re-schduling.

Good luck

Walk in did not work at NEWARK

Hi,
After I saw all the postings regarding missed appointment and after I spoke with an rep at 1-800-375-5283 today we went to Newark ASC for my wife's FP and they did not allow that. They told us to re-schedule the appointment by mail. Even though if you call the 1-800 no. they say you can walk in on any Wednesday that is not correct. There is some kind of communication gap between the help line and ASC. Very unfortunate. Even I spoke with some official there and nothing happend.

Any way we sent the letter by mail. Hope it will come back soon. Just wanted to share the info friends.

Regards,
Oajnabi

hi oajnabi,

I might end up in similar situation since we are travelling to india and might get FP notice while we are away. However, my lawyer told me that they send one copy of the notice to lawyer and one to applicant, and that the lawyer can reschedule my appointment while i am away. Is this not true? I mean, your lawyer did not get the notice too? Please let me know..
oh-law.com has mentioned that now the FP process is not lenient anymore and if you miss your appointment, it is considered as abandment of 485 app. (ouch!!)

Hi,
After I saw all the postings regarding missed appointment and after I spoke with an rep at 1-800-375-5283 today we went to Newark ASC for my wife's FP and they did not allow that. They told us to re-schedule the appointment by mail. Even though if you call the 1-800 no. they say you can walk in on any Wednesday that is not correct. There is some kind of communication gap between the help line and ASC. Very unfortunate. Even I spoke with some official there and nothing happend.

Any way we sent the letter by mail. Hope it will come back soon. Just wanted to share the info friends.

Regards,
Oajnabi

Question on FingerPrint

Hi , I am also on the same boat ,i got letter for finger prints when i am out of station . to my bad i got the letter a day before appointment date . So i am trying to reach customer service and no luck . Can you please tell me how you got through customer service (TOM) . Its will be great Help .

Thanks
UK Guy

You might get both the FP copies

hi oajnabi,

I might end up in similar situation since we are travelling to india and might get FP notice while we are away. However, my lawyer told me that they send one copy of the notice to lawyer and one to applicant, and that the lawyer can reschedule my appointment while i am away. Is this not true? I mean, your lawyer did not get the notice too? Please let me know..
oh-law.com has mentioned that now the FP process is not lenient anymore and if you miss your appointment, it is considered as abandment of 485 app. (ouch!!)

Hi,
For my first FP, my lawyer got a notice and I got one notice. But for my 2nd FP, I got both the notices. So before I travelled, I mailed my lawyer, their copy.
When I was gone, I made arrangements with my friends to go through my mail and inform you for any INS letters-just in case!

Thanks desi_girl,
do you know if the delay in FP affects your EAD or AP application?
Hi,
For my first FP, my lawyer got a notice and I got one notice. But for my 2nd FP, I got both the notices. So before I travelled, I mailed my lawyer, their copy.
When I was gone, I made arrangements with my friends to go through my mail and inform you for any INS letters-just in case!

Thanks desi_girl,
do you know if the delay in FP affects your EAD or AP application?

Thats an interesting question. I have not thought about it.
Well, I have applied for my EAD and AP renenwal in April 07. Let me wait and see how long this might take!.
I will keep you posted.

Just wanted to share. My wife and I got our 2nd FP notices but we are scheduled to out of the country on that day. We did a walk-in at the USCIS office and explained the situation and they took our prints right away. When we thanked the lady there she said that wednesday is a slow day. Dont know if that is the case everywhere, but thought i'd share this

Got the Reschedule notice within 2weeks

Hi All,
After sending the request for rescheduling the FP appointement to Newark ASC we got the new appointment. So looks like even after missing the appointment date it is possible to reschedule. But do it immediately.

Regards,
oajnabi