Should I report my part-time Travel Agency business in the Employment section of N-400?

sanjit66

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I will be filing my N-400 next month. I have been employed at a company for the last 8 years, but I opened a home-based Travel Agency business as Sole Proprietor in 2005 and have been running it as part-time since then.

Q is: in the employment section (part 6B) of N-400 form, do I need to report the Travel Agency or not?

The Travel Agency business shows up in all my tax returns since 2005, does INS look at tax returns?

thanks!

Yup,

just put it in there.

I go between 1099 and W2 all the time, meaning employed and self-employed. Just the way it goes in my business and I just listed it.

It's the most meaningless section of the whole form - at least in my line of business.

In fact if you don't mention it and they ask to see your tax returns in the interview, then you will have some explaining to do.

Hi MartinAub,
thanks for your prompt reply!

I was running the travel agency (part-time) simultaneously while working at the company. So, do you think this will prompt INS to ask more Qs?

thanks
sanjit

Hi MartinAub,
thanks for your prompt reply!

I was running the travel agency (part-time) simultaneously while working at the company. So, do you think this will prompt INS to ask more Qs?

thanks
sanjit

So, you answer them. There is nothing wrong with having two jobs at the same time.- :)

Hi Sanjit66,
What did you finally do ? Did you show both full time and part time job in employment sections and how? Did you show part-time as "self employed" or with name/address of your corporation/llc?
Thanks