Should I extend my H1? Please give input.

Evergreen

Registered Users (C)
Hi, My ND is 09/00, 00-279-XXXXX. My H1 visa will be expired in Nov. I would like to hear any input from you whether I should submit my H1 extension to INS this month. Seems like if I am lucky I will get an approval in 2 months.

Any input would be appreciated!!!
Thanks in advance.

Evergreen

No Title

As for H1, by INS rule, as long as INS receives your H1 extension application before H1 expires, you will be OK. But somrtime, employers don\'t want you work unless you have approved H1. My I 485 has EAC-00-278 and my EAD expires in Oct. I will wait until early August to see if I need renew EAD. Hope my 485 gets approved by then.

No Title

Hi Evergreen,
You have not mentioned whether you have EAD. It is enough if you have a valid EAD and is renewed in time. Many employers
feel it is not necessary to renew H1 once you get EAD. In any case you are very close to the good news. Wish you hear the great news before you think of renewal.

No Title

Thank you for your input!!

I don\'t have EAD. I asked my legal department regarding whether I should go for EAD or H1 extension. She said it\'s up to me.

One of the disadvantage of getting H1 extension for me is I have to sign an agreement to agree to stay with the company for 2 days because of H1 extension. If I go for EAD, there\'s no such agreement.

With my company\'s recently move - cutback contractor & let go top management....I would like to choose a safer option (H1? EAD?) to keep my GC processing.

Please advise.

Evergreen