Should I change the lawyer?

xq2001

I am going to change employer after 180 days of filing I-485 form. Current lawyer represents both the sponsor company and myself. She has all the papers. Should I change the lawyer if I change the employer? If I do, I should file a form to INS, and INS will know that I am changing the lawyer, will that generate REF or delay?

No Title

It depends on your company attorney. If your old company attorney is willing to keep you as an independent client, there is no problem.

I changed my job after 180 days and my old company attorney washed his hands on me. So I employed a new one.

If you need a good attorney, let me know. I know one.. who is reasonable.

No Title

Hi,

I am in the same boat.
HOw much would she charge ...give me an appropirate figure!
Also, is a lawyer really required? Can;t we wait for an RFE to be issued, and if it is not, why do we need a lawyer at all?

Thanks in advance.

No Title

She charges 500$. Replies to RFEs are covered in this.

But if you need the atty to be present for an interview upon
potential transfer to local INS offices, then she charges $50/hr
to fight your case.

No Title

Thanks a bunch!
But do we really need an attorney, unless you get an RFE?
SUGGEST ME.

Thanks in advance.

No Title

Not necessary, if you feel that you won\'t get an RFE.
 Your old company will inform the INS if you are no longer
 employed with them.

This can potentially trigger an RFE for employment letter.

You can avoid it by letting your new attorney inform the INS
 regarding this job change along with the other AC 21 documents.

No Title

Thanks for the information of attorney.

We can either sit silently and wait for INS\'s action(RFE or approval), or we can let our attorney represent us to inform the INS regarding the job change. I don\'t know which way is better. That\'s why I ask suggestion.

No Title

If we do nothing, and luckly got approval from INS, will that generate problem when PP stamping or apply for citizenship?

No Title

I don\'t think the old employer would tell the INS about me not working there, especially after the AOS process. I can understand if it is H1.
They are not obligated at all. However, they can withdraw the I-140 petition, which they wouldn\'t usually do.

Also, we don\'t need to inform INS about the job change, it is not at all mandatory, if they generate an RFE or in case of an interview, we can tell them at that point of time.

Anyway, thanks for the information.

No Title

No & Yes, as far as i know.
No is for PP stamping.
Yes, possibly for Citizenship. But i guess, that wouldn\'t be a problem since, by then they would have dealt with similar AC21 cases.

No Title

Hi

I would like to know reg the job change after 180 days.. Should we work in the same area where the labor was filed along with the same description of the job...

The other thing i wanted to know is whether 180 days counter starts from RD date or ND date...

Please help me out...

Thank\'s

No Title

What all do you need to do for the 180 day transfer - paper work. Do you know if INS gives some problem after the 180 day transfer. Please help.