Should I apply?? Gurus please help

ashrock11

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have a MS from US University and I have a work experience of about 6 years in India and about two years in USA. I don\'t have any relatives in Canada. I work in the software sector and am 30 years old.I am not married. Can I get the eligible points for canadian PR according to the new rules proposed ? Should I apply considering the proposed changes in the immigration rules.Please help.
Thanx

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/coming/new-regs.html

Check the above link for exact details

unless u know second language, French u will not be able to score 80 points. As of now you are getting 76points.
-----------
The standing committee has proposed a pass of 70points. The expected date of implementation of the new Act is June 28, 2002.

---------- this is also an important point to consider-------------
Independent and Assisted Relative immigrants who apply on or after December 17, 2001 and who have not received a selection decision before implementation of the new Act on June 28, 2002 will be subject to the proposed selection criteria and a pass mark yet to be determined. The proposed pass mark in the pre-published regulations is 80 points.

No Title

Thats why I am still wondering whether to apply or not. I am having 76 points. And I dont know french. i will go over the link that you have mentioned here.