Shot myself in the foot by talking to an IIO at 3:54 p.m.

No Title

Gemini,

I want to ask you three simple questions. Answer it if you don\'t mind.
1. Did this people invited you in this country?
2. Did this people ask you to file GC?
3. Did your country give this type of facility to foreigners?

If all answers is \'NO\' then why your are making it mess. Just have a patience, your frequent callto INS is not going to help you anyway. I have one simple sentence for you all 485 waiting guy\'s
\'waqt se pahile aur takdir se jada na kisiko mila hai na milega\'

No Title

I totally agree with what you said. We pay huge taxes(including SSN for US citizens future). We boost up the economy and provide support for lacking tech work. Do you think if you are of no use to America they would try to work with existing S2045.

Well whatever it is, my suggestion is to try to see if there is any problem through your lawyer and find a way to solve it amicably. Try calling an IIO at a later stage(if no use from your lawyer) and talk to them in such a way that things get cooled down and see if anything happened to your case. Going after them is not going to do you any good.

No Title

then why you came here. Go back to your country and do whatever you want. Nobody is forcing you.

No Title

playing devils advocate, there are some people who would call "too often", I am not saying that about you, but if there are limited number of lines and people answering phones, then its only fair to give everybody an opportunity. These things normally don\'t need to be enforced, its common sense. If you do learn from experience over the years that people are not using common sense and abusing the system, then you have to come up with ways to regulate. The only people who suffer are the other 90 % who have legitimate reason to call, you may be one of those unlucky people. there are some people who abuse the system and give every body a bad name.

No Title

Don\'t you think that you are also slave. You are also doing as per their wish. You are also always trying to make them happy. You also left your country.

No Title

It\'s people like you Bhatia who are willing to take any kind of crap for the sake of a few $$ that make IIO\'s and others behave the way they do.

No Title

I dont consider myself a slave. It is an equal partnership. If there is no opportunity here, I will go back. I am here to make money. Anyway, I did not mean to demean you or anything. I am sorry if I sounded that way. I am only trying to make a point. My point is you are a slave only if you feel you are one. We are all slaves of Global Capitalism, not of the US. In fact the US amd its people are more slaves than us. There are two things you should not worry about in this country-money and immigration. easier said than done.

No Title

Guys/Gals!!! we are all in the same boat, let\'s stop this argument.

I think IIO threatening Gemini is really out of line especially his comments
has animosity towards immigrants. Based on reading this I am worried
that if most of IIO and Adjudcating officers share the same view. Not a
good thing for us. No wonder it is taking so long...

By the way, IIOs are not the one reviewing the applications right??

I could also see why Gemini would call every week because he is so
close to getting approval. I hoping this won\'t set him back.
At that stage I would be itching to call
to find out as well. Don\'t worry I won\'t be calling everyday.

Well, the way I see it we are stuck with this process so sit back and
wait. Let\'s spend out energy on more interesting stuff..... I know it is tough....
I share your feeling guys/gals..... :(

Good luck to all of us...

No Title

With all due respect Namoona , you interpreted wrong . I did not
question about your rights . The issue here is these guys are abusing
the system.They already have adqueate information about their case
thru their lawyers & INS processing times releases . Imagine if
everyone who filed these applications started calling INS like this .

You wrote about America benefiting from these folks . It would be
more wiser to say these folks are benefiting too much from America.
Let me put this more simpler , H1B folks need America much more
than America needs them . These folks are too needy.

No Title

Calling every week is not neccessary and patience is the most important factor to get immigration benefit. VSC has lots of pending cases and being fair, its performance is not that bad comparing with other service centers.

No Title

This is truly disgusting. Even though I would strongly recommend you not constantly call them (coz. you\'re just making it aggravating for the INS and yourself), it is no excuse for the dreadful service you recd. The problem with most immigrants is that they are too damn docile about such treatement. Don\'t tolerate it. Stand up for yourself, and send letters to your senator, your governer, your congressman, the editor of the local newspaper (a major one). Explain to them (and please ensure you get someone to correct your English before you send it in) how rude the rep was, and that he/she even went to the extent of threatening to stick the CIA onto you. Further explain that you have been a law abiding resident, and a regular tax payor who has been in excellent standing with your employer(s).

Again, you don\'t have to take crap from someone whose salary YOU are paying through your taxes just because he happened to be born on different soil. America is not just a nation, but a way of life as well. And a long as you are a productive member of its populace, you should be given, and are entitled to the rights afforded you by its constitution.