Short trip to Canada

Keval

Hi. I had come to US on F1 status. Completed my masters. I am on H1B status but I haven't gone back to India to get my H1 B visa stamped. I know that everyone has to go to their home country to get it stamped. Now the problem is I want to visit Canada to attend my friends Wedding.

I am not planning to go to US consulate in Canada and get my H1 B Visa stamped. I just want to go to Canada and attend my friends wedding for 3 days and come back and continue working. My friends have told me that I can take a trip of upto 30 days if I am visiting Canada or Mexico.

But I donot want to take a risk ... I want to be sure that I will be allowed back in. Please let me know the right thing.

Thanks
Keval

Yes your friend is right, when you leave US dont give the I94, then you can enter US within 30 days (unless you went for a visa stamping and visa stamping was rejected).
I would advise that if the airlines refuses to allow you to board the plane without I94 surrender (while leaving US) create a ruckus and call immigration officials.