Shit! No more local number for TSC!

toxa

Registered Users (C)
214-381-1423 is gone!

Now all you get is a moron at 800-375-5283 that recites the message from the web.

This change was supposed to happen last week but was postponed by a week. Like you said, from now on all we will know is the case status online. Getting some real info. is going to be a real challenge. Not that the TSC folks were very accurate but.
May be the intention is to push people to the Web (case status online). Only God knows?

May be on the brighter side the IIO's answering phones will be now freed up to do some real work and start approving cases..

:)

PD 10/2000
ND 04/2002
FP 05/2003

four8five:

Or on the darker side, they will stop processing totally and instead will start draining their time in preparing noetic exchanges like, "case is still being processed," or, "no information update available, " or even, "No status update for Mr.X when we are still processing Mr. X's Grandpa's Green-Card petition and Mr X's Granny's Advance-Parole."

In a nutshell, time saved by those IIOs in waffling over the phones would soon be wasted in preparing written responses.

Justice delayed, is justice denied -- so goes the maxim.

The IIO's answering the phones are not qualified or trained to adjudicate applications.

isn't the 800 number call routed to the same IIOs???

so they have new people to answer these phone calls. i just thought the same iios answered with just that the answer has changed.

Layoff?

Does anyone know what they did with all the people that answered the phones? If they can't adjudicate cases, then were they simply layed off? Isn't the 800 number at a differect location other than the service centers?

Govt. jobs are very secure. I am sure that these folks will be absorbed into other positions available within DHS or some other agency. The 800 number is in a different location other than the service centers (don’t know the actual city though)

maybe the new number might be outsourced to some call center (outparty), hence the reason that they are being nice.

shiv

Shiv, that is right. I heard something like, "This is All India Radio, Bangalore," in the background, when the Service Rep was talking to me. Just kidding :)