• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Share your DV timeline / process time

goldenapple

Hi All,

It took me few hours to go through many posts to find out people's experience from returning the application package to getting the green card. Although everyone's situation is different, we might be able to find people who are applying from the same continent as us and whose case number is close to ours.

I want to start this new thread for people to voluntarily share their DV timelines/process time. I hope this would benefit more people who are about to go through the same or similar process.

I will start by sharing mine:

Case number: 2009AS00011XXX (became current in March 2009)
Route: AOS
April 2008 - received DV notification :eek:
10/01/2008 - submitted I-485, results of physical exams, and the fees
2/23/2009 - received notice to do biometrics test
3/06/2009 - completed biometrics test
7/13/2009 - appointment with InfoPass; an interviewer crafted an interview letter to have the interview three days later :eek:
7/16/2009 - had green card interview; afterwards was told my case would be sent to NBC for an adjudicative review :confused:
8/12/2009 - card production ordered
8/13/2009 - welcome letter arrived
8/20/2009 - received GC :D

Good luck to those who belong to DV-2009 and are still waiting to get the green cards and congrats to those who have already gotten the green cards!

Why did you wait so long to send your package to Chicago after your number became current?
Some of my documents were missing; I had to go through the court in my home country to reissue them in a correct form. As soon as I received everything I needed, I mailed the package to the lockbox. Worked for me!

Guys, this blog can be productive if we can WRITE HERE WHAT SHOULD A PERSON GETTING GC DO IN THESE BAD ECONOMIC TIMES!

Therefore, let us contribute our bit and let future DV GC winners know of our experiences.

Here's my experience: Came to USA 11 years back. The EB based AOS was rejected in June09 for 'Employer's Ability to Pay Wages!' Fortunately we got DV in April08. While waiting for decision we filed second AOS package to Chicago in April09. It was risky for delaying because our case number was just AS4xxx! It is like a movie story after all that. We did not do biometrics as EB based records were there from Nov08. We were interviewed TWICE. On 27July09 and on 19Aug09. We have since received Welcome Letter and we are awaiting GC. Hoping to receive it in 90days as our Welcome Letter from IO at second interview mentions.

In meanwhile we are planning to do any work, save money and hopefully open a Grocery Store. This is our plan. We have taken help of family member to register a new Company. We have delayed that because of financial reasons. Finally, the country has recognized us. It is a great honor.

Please someone write their story. Look forward to any input/questions to what we have written here.

All the best to all AOS applicants for GC!

The point is...

Hi masematn,

Those people who have their process time in their signatures usually only respond to certain topics, so other people who don't go to these topics might not have a chance to view their signatures. Some other people might have only shared their process time once in the message somewhere out of thousands of posts, and one needs to be "lucky" to happen to see it.

I was curious to know how my case compared to others whose numbers were close to mine, and it literally took me hours to browse several different threads and view various posts to get the information I wanted, and those were, honestly, limited.

The point of having this thread is that I hope there is a place that is designated only for process times, so people can find this information faster since similar information would be in one place instead of all scattered around. :)

Thanks for sharing yours.

Best,

Goldenapple
-----------------
Most people share it through their signatures anyway, so what is the purpose of such thread?

Last edited by a moderator: