Share Seattle transfer information

wlin98004

Registered Users (C)
Hi:

I started this thread to have a common place for Seattle transfer cases. Please share the following information.

Priority Date: May. 2001
I-485 Receipt or Notice Date: Dec. 2002
Transfer Date: Mar. 2005
Date of Interview Notice: ????
Inteview Date: ????

Thanks.

Crazy Monkey

Crazy Monkey,

My I-485 receipt date was Oct 2002.
Case transfered to Seattle in Oct 2004.
Had interview in Feb 2005.
Still waiting for approval. (FBI name check)

The following is my experience with Nebraska and Seattle CIS.
I am not trying to scare you, just trying to give you a heads-up:

* Have you changed your address since you applied for I-485?
I did and I have notified Nebraska about that. I received the transfer notice from Nebraska, but I did NOT receive the interview letter from Seattle.
It was a miracle that I knew of the interview date and was able to attend it.

* Interview was simple for my case. Just needed to show employment letter. However, they were still waiting for FBI name check results. So, could not approve my case in the interview.

* Have you contacted FBI about your name check results?
I didn't know about this FBI thing until after my interview. I contacted FBI after the interview and they replied recently that they have completed the name check on me BEFORE my interview date. Yet, Seattle claimed that they did not receive the name check results during the interview. So, I will need to go to Seattle physically to sort this out.
I would recommend you to contact the FBI ASAP to if your FBI name check is completed. (Search for "FBI name check" and see the instructions there.)

CC

Crazy monkey is still here

Hi:

To make any of you feel better, the crazy monkey is still here. I have been watching the pot to boil for the last 2 1/2 years.

Background check pending

My I-485 application was filed at NSC on Dec 17, 2003 and was transferred to seattle local office on July 2004. I was called for an interview on Sep 17, 2004 . While my husband's application was approved instantly, the immigration officer told me my case is pending back ground check. She also took my finger print and photos and told me that once back ground check was complete, they will process my I-551 for which she had already collected all details from me.

Now after reading this forum, I sent email to FBI for status of my name check on Oct 27, 2004. I again sent another email on Dec 13, 2004.
I visited seattle immigartion offcie on Feb 16, 2005 with no luck and being told that check was still pending.

After almost 7 months I got a reply from FBINNCP email id that my name check was completed on July 6, 2005 ( it was actually initiated on Jan 18,2004 - so it took 18 months actually) and result was forwarded to Washington D.C. I again went to seattle office on July 19, 2005 only to be told that my back ground check was still pending!

When I showed the officer the email from FBI, he just told me that unlike us, Seattle office has no way of contacting the FBI for results instead only FBI contacts them with the list of people's names cleared every week.

On further inquiry, I was told that once in every two weeks they check all files that are pending for name check and see whether they are cleared by FBI. Not sure how true this statement is.

Finally, I am still waiting..............

cclee2002 said:
Crazy Monkey,

My I-485 receipt date was Oct 2002.
Case transfered to Seattle in Oct 2004.
Had interview in Feb 2005.
Still waiting for approval. (FBI name check)

The following is my experience with Nebraska and Seattle CIS.
I am not trying to scare you, just trying to give you a heads-up:

* Have you changed your address since you applied for I-485?
I did and I have notified Nebraska about that. I received the transfer notice from Nebraska, but I did NOT receive the interview letter from Seattle.
It was a miracle that I knew of the interview date and was able to attend it.

* Interview was simple for my case. Just needed to show employment letter. However, they were still waiting for FBI name check results. So, could not approve my case in the interview.

* Have you contacted FBI about your name check results?
I didn't know about this FBI thing until after my interview. I contacted FBI after the interview and they replied recently that they have completed the name check on me BEFORE my interview date. Yet, Seattle claimed that they did not receive the name check results during the interview. So, I will need to go to Seattle physically to sort this out.
I would recommend you to contact the FBI ASAP to if your FBI name check is completed. (Search for "FBI name check" and see the instructions there.)

CC
On address Change-

If you changed address and if your application is pending at local office, you need to do two things -
1. File change of address at local office
and
2. File AR -11 with DHS at KY address

I learnt that filing AR-11 does not change the address on your file automatically and that AR-11 is just to notify DHS . I changed my address and did the above two. But when I went to seattle office for inquiry on Feb 16, I still had to file another change of address in person as they were unable to confirm whether they received my mail on address change. To my surprise , the immigartion officer told me that he will not be able to view address details on my record in his computer!

Second Finger Printing notice

I received notice from USCIS for my second fingerprinting yesterday.
Looks like they did receive results of my background check from FBI.

GC Approved!

Finally my GC was approved in Sep 05 and my GC was mailed to me on Oct 2nd week. :)

Looks like things are moving at Seattle immigration office though very slow!

Had my interview in late September. Everything is in place. Straight forward case, no labour subsitution, same employer, and name check is cleared. However, no visa number. I am waiting in line again. Talking about my luck.

Crazy Monkey

What is up? I just did another finger print (code 1) at the request of our "friendly" INS. Still waiting. As of June 1, 2006, my PD is current. Hope to hear something soon. If not, I will be doing my 5th EAD. Yippy.

485 transferred from Nebraska to Seattle local office on Sept 20 2006

Our 485s were transferred to Nebraska to Seattle a week ago. I received the transfer letter from Nebraska yesterday. The letter state that they transfer to speed up the process.
In my opinion they should just approve it if they really wanted to speed up the process.
I did have an RFE regarding my medical because the surgeon forgot to check the TB test. I had to repeat all the medical and sent the results again (May 2006).
We moved once in 2004 after applying for 485. We did tell Nebraska the new address. We had our latest FPs done in February 2006.
PD: Nov 2001 EB3 Europe (visa numbers are current now buy are they going to be when we will have our interview???)
We did not receive anything from local office yet.
1. Should I contact them? How?
2. I don’t know if we passed the name check, should I be worried?
3. Should I just wait and see??
Thanks.

My company refuses to give me copies of financial statements for local interview!

I did receive the Permanent Residence Interview Notice from local Immigration Services. But the mail from Immigration Services had an extra page where they are asking for specific documents for Employment cases in general. They are asking for last 3 pay stubs, last 2 W2 forms, company's taxes documents and financial statements...

The company is not going to give me copies of financial statements or taxes documents. What should I do?

Hi alwayshope,
can you tell me how long it took between transfering to seattle and receiving the invitation for interview? I was just transfered a week ago and anxious. My PD is July 2001 (EB3 worldwide) and my husband (primary) was approved a year ago!

Thank you very much!