Shall we continue our guessing game--Next processing date?

samXadams said:
I think forum members are missing something; the date has moved rapidly in the last month but a corresponding approval volume is simply not there. My theory is that because of the pending lawsuits, the service centers have already or will soon transfer most cases to local offices where there is a whole new queue and a completely different processing date (if any at all).

By the time people catch on, the lawsuits will not do much damage to the service centers. The local offices will claim that the security checks take a lot of time etc. That will buy them at least another year or two to not do anything about these cases...

Regards.
-- Sam

This is really a terrible picture if it evovles that way. What's the conditions for service center to transfer cases to local office ? I hope it turn out other way. Pray for our future...

SamXadams....

How did you know that "corresponding approval volume is simply not there " ?
What makes you think that they are transfering them to local offices?

Here are some stats....

ned said:
How did you know that "corresponding approval volume is simply not there " ?
What makes you think that they are transfering them to local offices?

Sorry - this took me some time. In January of this year, I posted a perl script to gather some case statistics data and some sample statistics for SRC020415XXXX

The original results file is available at: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4262

That was compiled around Jan 14'th 2004 (or earlier). I compiled another run today, May 10'th. I have uploaded the results to:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7130&stc=1

Salient points:
Jan 14'th, 39 cases with status "Transferred"
May 10'th, 61 cases with status "Transferred"

If you inspect carefully, you will find that none of the 39 transferred cases (as of Jan 14'th) have had any change in status. However, an additional 22 cases have been transferred to local offices.

If you inspect these files, you will see that many of the 39 initial cases with transferred status were transferred in 2002! No movement on them. So much for the theory that cases that are transferred get approved in days/weeks.

Finally, I don't feel thrilled about any of this. This is painful news for me too. I just don't want people to get their hopes up too much when they get transferred.

Regards.
-- Sam

SamXadams....

They are processing more cases now than before, granting that there is no spike in volume being processed, don't you think that the case being transfered is proportional to the case being processed?

Also please check out the April/May 485 tracker by Goastros and Immigrationwatch.com.

This is a conflicting statement, do you mean get your hopes high?
Finally, I don't feel thrilled about any of this. This is painful news for me too. I just don't want people to get their hopes up too much when they get transferred.

Last edited by a moderator:
More transfers than approvals....

ned said:
They are processing more cases now than before, granting that there is no spike in volume being processed, don't you think that the case being transfered is proportional to the case being processed?

If you look at the above two files, the Jan stats had 119 "Approved" and 38 "Card Ordered" = Total of 157 approvals.

The May stats show 126 "Approved" and 37 "Card Ordered" = Total of 163 approvals (not sure how card ordered dropped; maybe someones card was undeliverable?).

So, overall, for this SRC series, we have about 7 more approvals, but over 22 cases transferred in the same period and none of them were approved. I recommend that people who maintain the spreadsheets try to get some stats like this if they have older copied of their runs.

This is a conflicting statement, do you mean get your hopes high?

No. I am saying -- DONT get your hopes high. If you are transferred, very likely you are SCREWED.

I am also saying that more cases are being transferred rather than approved. So, don't be happy that the TSC processing date is moving ahead fast. It does not mean much!

Regards.
-- Sam

samXadams said:
So, don't be happy that the TSC processing date is moving ahead fast. It does not mean much!

I agree that Processing Dates do NOT mean much.

Currently, TSC is approving March to May 2003 FPs.

I agree totally with samXadams.

TSC never advanced there dates like this in the past 5 years. Had they been doing, I would have got GC 5 years ago.

It is ALL because of lawsuit. Look at these points,

1. Now they can tell that, they are not behind any other service center.
2. The lawsuit is already getting dragged. By the time it catheches up, they will be processing 2003 cases.
3. By that time, they will approve all the cases for people who filed lawsuit and lawsuit will go into trash.
4. If the dates are moving so fast then why people like me are still waiting?
4. As samXadams has correctly pointed out that by transferring to local offices TSC is getting monkey off their back.
5. Local service center is a whole new mess. Look at Atlanta. If people think TSC is worst then they have not seen Atlanta office.