Shall we change our SSN card after 485 approved?

gc4201

Registered Users (C)
I have seen some post before talking about changing the SSN card after 485 approved. Our old SSN card has some condition written (such as "employment under authorization"), should we apply for a new card without that condition?

thanks,

What I have seen in this forum is that people change the condition listed in their SSN card once they get their GC approval. When you apply for the modified SSN card, you will get a new card with same SSN but without the condition "Employment under Authorization".
It is always better to do it as soon as you can. This would make your SSN clean.

gc4201 said:
I have seen some post before talking about changing the SSN card after 485 approved. Our old SSN card has some condition written (such as "employment under authorization"), should we apply for a new card without that condition?

thanks,
I guess the ssn card will be good enough to show the employer that you did not need sponsership, without showing passport.
I just find out I lost my old one. Anyway I have to be there.

gc4201 said:

thanks,

You already know.
What do you want then? Some more posting?

Yes, you should apply.