SFO transfer case tracker

They sent me request for new fingerprints about one week after I got my interview letter and the fingerprints were cleared before my interview. Some other people on this forum had different experince and were fingerprinted after interview in SFO office. Once they transfer your case they will for sure interview you - at least I have never heard about anybody not having interview after the transfer.

Hi Bic_1702,

My I-140 was submitted in Aug'02, approved on Nov'02. As you know, my EB3 based I-485 was submitted on Jan'03. Finger print was done around Mar'03, AP was also obtained during that period. EAD was received in Jun'03. Never have any RFE.

I have also submitted a Relative Based I-485 in Apr'03. Obtained both EAD and AP in May'03. Case was transferred to SFO in Jul'03. According to company attorney, BCIS should have merged both of my cases under the same file.

I have noticed processing dates of District Offices are now posted on the Case Status website. As for SFO, they are processing I-485 dated 03/30/03 as of 11/14/03. Not sure how accurate this info is.

Hope it helps.

Originally posted by Bic_1702
Let_it_be, could you tell us some more details about your case: when was your I-140 submitted, any RFE, FP, EAD, AP, what EB category, staff like that. My spouse submitted the same day you did, 01/22 with WAC 03-086. thanks.
Bic.

Re: Status Change After Transfer

Originally posted by ConcordMan
Will the BCIS online status change after being transferred to local office.

it should, but as I've seen on this forum, some people reported their status did not change for quite a while.

Approved

My case was finally approved today. But it was not automatical. After sending results of medical exams to the SFO office (see my posts above), I was waiting for over three weeks. Since my EAD was expiring, I applied for a new one and was invited to pick it up today. Thus, I got into the building and got my new EAD (they will not allow you to enter the building without apointment letter). After that, I went to the room where people are waiting for their interview. I asked the person at the desk that I would like to talk to the officer who interviewed me and explained him the situtation. He told me that it was possible but that I had to wait. After ~45 min the officer who interviewed me invited me in, checked again all the documents and approved my application - he stamped my passport as well as passports of my family members. It is a big relief for me after eight years of uncertainty (I arrived into the US in February 1996 and applied for GC in Nov 2001). I would recommend to those of you who are waiting for their GC after the interview to be more proactive and try to get into the office, though it may be difficult without apointment letter. Thanks for all your help - this forum was really a big support for me in this difficult time.

My case was transferred to SFO. Details are as follows:

ND 6/13/01
FD1 11/01
FD2 9/03
AP 7/01; applied only once
TD 12/11/03
EAD applied once but never got the card
H1B extention approved once; re-extention applied again 10/03

WAC-01-262-xxxxx
EB2

Anyone know the wait time for the SFO office.

thanks,
ashish

received plastic card

FYI: I have received the plastic card this past Saturday (1/17) - so it took about one month from my final approval. The card was sent from CSC - it appears that local office sends all the paperwork after approval back to the service center. The service center than mailed me approval notice - it was somewhat strange and was titled "welcome notice". What was also strange is that I received that notice in duplicate about 1 week ago. My onlike case-status has been changed from transfer to approval but the approval date was the date of welcome notice and not of real approval. On the card, however, the approval date is correct. The card looks very nice - there are many special security features incorporated in it. I hope you all will receive it soon. I am signing off this forum and wish all of you fast approvals.

Let_it_be
How long between case transfer to local office and interview letter from SFO local office.
My case was transfered on 12/09/03 to SFO and haven't heard anything since then.
Thanks