SFO: OCI Application Acknowledge

mjayant

I had sent OCI application for my kids in January, and the USPS tracking shows that packets were delivered to SFO Consulate office in January. However, I did not get any acknowledgement from Consulate office, so far.

I had sent at least 5/6 emails to all the possible contact link available on consulate website, but no one seems to care. Looks like the Indians are same, whether it is State Bank of India office, or US consulate office. Even in USA, they fail to learn the basic concepts of customer service.

I am worried as original US and Indian passports were in the packets.

Any link or help where I may contact to know what happened to those packets. I have the copies of USPS tracking details. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

While checking the status of OCI at https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp, what is the file ACK number and what is online registration number? We only got one number when OCI application is filled out online and that is, "USAxxxxx".

Let us know .. thanks,

I am not 100% sure but Online Registration No is the number we got when we first registered for OCI online.

I guess "File (Acknowledgment) No" would be displayed on the site once the application is acknowledged. This is a guess since I haven't reached that step yet. Waiting for them to acknowledge.

I don't know about SFO, but at least in NYC there was specific mention that OCI application takes about 2 months to acknowledge and it took about 2 months for my application to be acknowledged. Once it's acknowledge the status moved pretty fast for me.