SFO interview status

king0405

Registered Users (C)
Employment based I485

Receipt date Oct 01
Case forwarded to SFO on 7/22

When can I expect interiew to happen?

I heard interview percentage has been increased recently , any comments.

Thanks.

I heard before that the waittime is 1year for SFO. Don't mean to scare you but I might be gettin an interview in SFO, so I would be very much interested to know when they give you a date. In san jose they are giving dates within 2 months.

question

So, once a case is transferred for interview to San Francisco, can a person change his residence to San Jose and have the case transferred to San Jose local INS.

Arun,
I spoke to my lawyer about moving to SJ after getting the transfer notice and his advice was not to wait until it gets transfered instead move as soon as possible because local SFO INS has to trans fer the file to local SJ ofiice and as we know sometimes they not very efficient. Now it's your decision if you want to move later or now.

Does anybody knows the lattest waittime for SFO interview. I have been trying get some idea but no response so far.

Transfer to SFO

Hi,

My case was transfered on 02-25-2002 and have not received interview letter yet. Surely SFO office taking minimum of 6 months.

Sanjeev

our collegue got interview from Sanjose within a month.
Rd: Sept
FP: 04/04
Don't know when it is transfered. but he rcvd interview notice in June, approved on July 29th(same day).

How do you know case is transfered?

Does it show up in AVM OR you/attorney gets a letter about it. Location - how would you know which location it is getting transfered to?
Any info will help me and others.

thanks nikhila and Sanj..
I am still debating if I should move to SAN Jose, SO NIKHILA can u please find out when exactly your coworker's case was transfered if it's possible. It will be a great help to make my decision.

Thanks

How to find local INS center

I currently come under San Francisco. I want to move to San Jose so that incase of interview, the wait is shorter.

Does Milpitas come under San Jose. How do I confirm this.

Another case transferred to SF

My 485 receipt date was ...
August 29, 2001 (08/29/01)

My case was transferred to SF on ...
March 21, 2002 (03/21/02)

Still waiting for the INS to schedule an interview
I guess sanj's interview would be scheduled first
cos his transfer date is Feb 2002.

Keep me posted! Rgds

This sounds like a very bad thing

This sounds like a very bad thing...This adds one more year unnecassarily to the processing time....I hope i do not get an interview...My WAC is 02-070 ... Dec 21 2001 ND....Already i have waited for 7-8 months .... If I get an interview transfer after 3 month then SFO INS takes another year to take the interview I might get my approval in Sep-Oct 2003 .... Since I see March 2002 people still did not get there interview letter ....This is very depressing .... :mad: :( :mad: :( ..In the current economic situation this might be the end of my GC .... Hope get no interview ... :( :( :( :(

Transfer from Philadelphia to SFO

Hi,
My I-485 pettion has been transferred to SFO on Jun 13, 2002.

When will I get my interview?

Will it take one more year? My god.....Scary.....

Please give input.

Thanks