SF GC Stamping Experience: Please post here

mhj

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

Any of you have an GC stamping experience in SFO? I am trying to get information such as what is the best time to go, best day to go etc etc. As I understand they have a ticket system and they stop issuing them after a certain time.

If any of you who have got their passports stamped at SFO post their experience it would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

I went in at 8:00 AM to SFO and my friends told me that we can enter through the enterance in the sansome street as we have the notice with appointment, however the guard their refused to let me in saying that the procedure has been changed for the passport stamping and we have to enter through the other long queue enterance. One good thing he did was let us in through the other entrance cutting the line. So we made it in pretty easy. We got a token and we were called in with in 10 minutes. However to get the token we had to wait for about 1 hour inside the bldg. They took the EADs, approval notice, any new address, two photos. They took our finger printing and we were asked to wait. After another 1.5 hours of wait they called our names and handed over our passports. Overall we went in at 8 and came back out at 11:30. Not bad, however previously whoever went in thorugh the sansome gate came out in 30 minutes. The approval said we need to go the room 200B, however they never told us to go there, all was done in the ground floor.

Hope this helps