SF approved after interview, pasport stamped.

Evgen

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys
My i485 was approved.
My nickname is Evgen I am on Ciba\'s list.

Some data:

ND 12/00
FP 3/01
transfer 4/01
Interview 7/17/01
Approval date 7/19/01
Passport stamped 7/25/01

Interview was easy and formal. I was member of KOMSOMOL youth communist organisation and it was a problem why I was called to interview.

Great thank\'s to Ciba and all guys who share the data.

Regards, Evgen

No Title

Evgen,

Thanks a lot for sharing this information. Could also let us know when you received the interview notice (2 weeks in advance or more)?

What was your position on the kosmopol issue (only if you are comfortable sharing it with us)?

No Title

Hi Evgen,

Congratulations!!! Good for you to get you case approved
only two days after the interview. San Francisco office
is notorious for delaying approvals for several months
before approving interview cases.

Like ProActive, I too am interested in knowing more details
about your involvement with communist organization. Please
share if you could. Thanks a lot.

ciba

He\'s nice

This Russian folk is so honest. I respect that. As I know there are a lot of Chinese applicants who are members of God-damned Communist Party conceal their history from US or Canadian government. They have deceived both free world and their party.

No Title

And I\'m sure you\'ve never let something slip on an application somewhere in your life?
For many years you were REQUIRED to be a a member of the Chinese Communist Party regardless of whether or not you believed in their ideals. Failure to do so, at a minimum prevented you from entering University, getting a good job, possibly getting housing. And since up until recently housing was only given out by the government you were basically screwed if they wouldn\'t give you an apartment.
Now lets go back to the Cultural Revolution of the 70\'s where you were looking at jail time or death if you were seen as a "Rightist" rather than an upstanding Communist citizen.

So now you have some guy who wants more than anything in the world to get to the US, was part of the Chinese Communist Party because he was forced to be and thinks he\'ll be sent back if he answers yes.

Spare me your sanctimonous bullshit remarks about "deceiving both the free world and their party" until you\'ve walked in this persons shoes and can REALLY say to yourself that you would have the BALLS to both:
Say to the Chinese government "screw you I won\'t be part of your party, even though I\'ll end up as a dishwasher living in my parents apartment until I\'m 90.
And then finally after you come here as a dishwasher say "Yes, Mr. US Government I was a communist sympathizer, so please send me back to my absolutely pathetic life".

I definitely applaud that Russian guy for being honest but I\'m man enough to admit that maybe I wouldn\'t have the balls be honest in that situation.

You are definitely a LIAR!!!

You said, "For many years you were REQUIRED to be a a member of the Chinese Communist Party regardless of whether or not you believed in their ideals. Failure to do so, at a minimum prevented you from entering University, getting a good job, possibly getting housing. And since up until recently housing was only given out by the government you were basically screwed if they wouldn\'t give you an apartment. "
Give me a break man! Don\'t cheat our international friends more! REQUIRED? REQUIRED? REQUIRED? Without that no university, no house? Don\'t believe him! He\'s a liar! He said so just to conceal his shame!
You shameful communist dog!

Dignity vs. Benefit

A man can keep his dignity as long as he can live a not bad life. It should be like this. In China being a Communist Party member is not a requirement, but a plus. On admission to univerisities, your scores rule. If (in small odds) you and another guy have same scores and there is only opportunity for one, then the one with the membership of CP MAY be admitted. For instance, if both of you have a score of 580. But only if you are 1 point better than the other guy, with mark of 581, you will make it!

For housing it\'s the same thing. Being a member of CP doesn\'t guarantee your privilege. You may still need to be a member of management to have that. Well, absolutely CP members are easier to get a management post. But again, it\'s just a plus.

Then, for this plus, some of Chinese people, claiming "you don\'t have to be a Communist to join the Party", flattering the Party officials like a dog, ignoring what the Communist Party did to starve, torture and even kill people in public, have sold their souls and lost their dignity as a man!

Tell me, is that worth to lose your dignity and expose yourself to disgrace, being a shameful communist dog, just for this?

Guys, let me tell you how to become a Communist Party member in China, very simple: follow the Communist Party like a dog. When most of young people study and work hard to get a better life in modern China in marketization stage, there are still some wicked guys who dream to be promoted over their peers by being a CP member. No, time is different, China won\'t go back to cultrual revolution era! So, a lot of them, if not most, got screwed up by the Party which they praise everyday and try to immigrate to US or Canada saying "no, I\'m not a Communist Party member!" I agree that people change from time to time, but if I did, I accept that. I don\'t lie. I won\'t today lie to Communist Party and tomorrow lie to the US government. I respect honest people.

In China people say, "the virtue of Communist Party members is questionable." "They are guity until proven innocent."

More details.

My case was strait forward. I have Master degree and more then 5 years of experience. Nevertheless I applied on EB3 category.
About Komsomol.
Really Komsomol was not a communist party. It was youth union with communist orientation. And I mentioned it in my papers and add sheet with explanation. My mistake was that I do not put word KOMSOMOL just youth communist league. INS officers know about such organizations and I suppose if I put Komsomol I would not be called on interview. Tree month late from transfer date my lawyer sent fax to local office about my case status with short description why he thought the case should be approved. Two days late I got interview notice in 2.5 weeks. I was asked about employment verification letter, two latest pay stubs, EAD, AP, passport and all family members. I also mentioned, that I have daughter abroad. My children play all time during interview in the corner of the interview room and it was ok. Officer asked me and spouse about all illegal activity, about our past in Komsomol. He was very glad, when I said, that Komsomol is gone about 11 years ego. After interview I asked why we was called and how much time does it take for him to finish paperwork. He promised me Friday. Case was approved on Thursday. On Saturday we got approval notices and Wednesday next week got our passports stamped and ordered new SSN cards. That’s all folks for now. Thanks Ciba and other guys for supporting site. It was so great that I spent a lot of time surfing it (may be much more than required).

Sample of letter I included in i485 application

To Whom It May Concern:

Explanation for page 3 parts 6 of my adjustment of status application.

As any person who was born and raised in the Soviet Union, in 1984, at the age of 14 I was automatically admitted to Soviet Union’s Young Communist Union (YCU).

My membership in the YCU was always nominal – I never volunteered or aided in any of YCU activities, never advocated, taught, believed in or knowingly supported or furthered interests of communism.

I left the YCU in 1989, when I grew up enough to have political views and when I realized that affiliation with any communist organization was in direct contradiction with my personal beliefs, religion and political views.

And as the end...

I like to live in democratic country to have a chance to avoid people like Henrish, who show his nature to all community. Everyone is responsible for his own life before God, not before some stupid bastards.

No Title

And I assume you grew up in China and thus know all about its inner workings? From your recent statements it is clear that you are either a LIAR and did live in China or never lived in China and thus know absolutely nothing about what life was like there pre 1990\'s.

Being married to a Chinese woman I know for a fact that IF YOU WERE NOT PART OF THE CHINESE COMMUNIST PARTY YOU WERE NOT ADDMITTED TO UNIVERSITY. PERIOD. How do I know this? Well, duhh because this is what almost happened to a family member? How do I know that you could have problems with housing or a job. I guess I\'ll make it clear again. Well duhh, this is what almost happened to family members.

How do I know that you could be put to death during the Cultural revolution for being seen as a "Rightist" (ie. not a member of the communist party, had family members who left to the West, etc...)? Well gee I don\'t know how I knew this, maybe cause my in-laws went through it?

Did you live in China pre-1990\'s? No? Then what the f*** do you know about what it was like there?

If you wish to argue this further please feel free to quote valid, truthful information that you can back up with facts and figures rather than denigrating a whole group of people who had to live through something that you can\'t even imagine while trying their best within the system they had.

This Taiwanese Bastard is a Liar!!!

He is saying "IF YOU WERE NOT PART OF THE CHINESE COMMUNIST PARTY YOU WERE NOT ADDMITTED TO UNIVERSITY"! Either he is a liar, or he got lied by his wife. Do we have other Mainlanders here? Say something!

I hate Communist goverment but we have to be honest like a man, not a liar. Pre-1990s? The truth is, even "Pre-1960", membership of CP was NOT a must to attend university!

Why could a bastard telling such a big lie that everybody from China knows is wrong? I do hope our Indian friends won\'t get cheated by this Taiwanese!

I respect you, Evgen

I respect you since you are honest. You told INS about your history. And you were just "automatically" enrolled. You lie to nobody. And that bad guy lies to everybody. It\'s miserable to be ignorant. but I really wish that he lies just because he knows nothing about China.

How to say that?

This guy married a Chinese woman and got to know she was a Communist Party member. She cheated him, saying, "In China no membership of CP no university, no houseing, I had to join the Party." It\'s acceptable explanation, but you know, there\'s difference between a gentleman and an ignoramus :)

Komsomol and life in ex USSR

Really in ex USSR countries membership in Komsomol was not abolutely mandatory, but if you would like to fnish your just secondary education ( 10 years school no words about institute or university ) you had to be a member of Komsomol. If you do not a meber you hardly been transferred to 9th grade. I know the cases where young guys did it, but they shoud have extraordinary ability.

No Title

Hi Evgen,

Thanks once again for a detailed description on your case.
I compiled all the messages you wrote and posted them to
the Personal Experiences sections for future reference.

One more question: could you clarify your last sentense
where you said "If you do not a meber you hardly been
transferred to 9th grade"? It was not very clear to me.
Were you meant to say that "if you do not become a member,
you would not be able to get to 9th grade"? Please clarify.
Thanks a lot.

ciba

Can you share the template of the fax your lawyer sent to SF office?

Hi Evgen,

Can you please send me a template of the fax that your lawyer sent to the local INS office in San Francisco?

Thanks a lot,
-Alex
My email: alex_ivanov@hotmail.com