• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

sevis hold.

F1winner

Registered Users (C)
my friend who has F1 visa just sent his package to chicago lock box and he recently paid through money order ( aos process). He is on immigration hold and cannot enroll for spring classes according to the foreign student advisor. what options does she have? how long does it take to get the receipt?
thanks.

my friend who has F1 visa just sent his package to chicago lock box and he recently paid through money order ( aos process). He is on immigration hold and cannot enroll for spring classes according to the foreign student advisor. what options does she have? how long does it take to get the receipt?
thanks.

why does your friend have the immigration hold? is it because he/she applied for AOS? Who placed the hold? he/she can register for classes btw it is better to register for classes and continue to follow the F1 rules until the AOS application is approved. the advisor doesn't know what he/she is talking about. your friend should demand they let him register

tell your friend to ask them to show him the actual text where it says that if a student on F1 submits AOS application he/she gets a hold and is prohibited to register

why does your friend have the immigration hold? is it because he/she applied for AOS? Who placed the hold? he/she can register for classes btw it is better to register for classes and continue to follow the F1 rules until the AOS application is approved. the advisor doesn't know what he/she is talking about. your friend should demand they let him register

I also thought the same, the lady told him just that his status is pending tha he needs the receipt to enroll. it seems that she is not conversant with the rules/laws. he has an appointment with a senior officer next week hope they will sort him out. thanks Windv.

That is very weird, I have never heard of a SEVIS hold ... usually they put students on hold if they fall below full-time status during Fall and Spring semesters ... never because they applied for AOS...
Good luck.

That is very weird, I have never heard of a SEVIS hold ... usually they put students on hold if they fall below full-time status during Fall and Spring semesters ... never because they applied for AOS...
Good luck.

Some times they put hold because he didn't buy a proper health insurance, if he is not covered by school insurance.