• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Seven Days to Go!!!

Sukie

Registered Users (C)
Just wishing everyone good luck in the "second" draw for 2013, *IF* there is one. I see that the State Department is still being cagey - "may be" instead of "will be".

I know all of us who have been trying over and over are on pins and needles waiting for October 1st. Post any truths or rumors here!

Sukie

Just wishing everyone good luck in the "second" draw for 2013, *IF* there is one. I see that the State Department is still being cagey - "may be" instead of "will be".

I know all of us who have been trying over and over are on pins and needles waiting for October 1st. Post any truths or rumors here!

Sukie

First of all, I just checked the status page and it says "will". Secondly, I know so many DV-2012 guys who have been interiewed and not yet given the visa. Let's pray for them as well. It is their last week, after 30 September, everything will be finished for them.

Best wishes to everybody!

First of all, I just checked the status page and it says "will". Secondly, I know so many DV-2012 guys who have been interiewed and not yet given the visa. Let's pray for them as well. It is their last week, after 30 September, everything will be finished for them.

Best wishes to everybody!

Hello friends, can you share what is the smallest DV-2012 winners still not yet issue visa?

By the way, I'll pray with them, hope they can get visa soon!

Perhaps you could ask in a DV 2012 thread, you might get a better answer there :)

This thread is about the DV 2013 "possible" second draw.

All the best!

Q

Good luck to everyone.. I had an alternate way of getting a green card (family based), was incredibly excited - but that got shattered by having it come back rejected due to a signature in the wrong box. We've re-applied but unfortunately I turn 21 this week so by the time it gets back to USCIS & checked over again, I will have aged out and will end up in the 7+ year wait category :( .. so, back to hoping for a DV win! Good luck to all..

Hi Jess, Sukie, Bahamas and everyone else

Hasn't time flown, oh my goodness!

I have my photos ready for our DV 2014 application, and will be unable to sleep on the night before October 1 (or 2, as the case may be here).

I was only thinking to myself recently that I haven't won yet because there must have been "something I needed to do but didn't know it, someone needed me around them but I didn't realise it, or there were experiences I needed to have that hadn't come my way yet".

Here's hoping I have now done, met and experienced whatever was on life's list that kept me out of the green card adventure last time! lol

All the best for everyone in our 'forum friendship circle'

Q

Is the life so difficult in Australia that makes you want to come to the US so much? I always heard it is a nice and rich country.

Is the life so difficult in Australia that makes you want to come to the US so much? I always heard it is a nice and rich country.

I have not written that life is difficult here :)

Life is wonderful in Australia. I personally also love the diversity of other countries, and having lived for a little while in California, would like to return there. For the work I will do, and especially my husband who currently works for a Californian company, it makes sense to pursue our lives there.

My own reasons do not reflect life in Australia, indeed, it has so much to offer :) I am very proud of my country and believe it would be a great place for others to live in also, but for my life, I see it in another country if that is what is planned for me.

Q

Depends on the person I guess.... I don't see Australia as being able to offer me what I need. And after living in Canada for awhile and having family I see every year in the US - I know I don't belong nor fit in with the Australian lifestyle.. Sure, this country offers some great things... But it's just not for me.

Yes I understand. For me it is different. I never really looked to emigrate. I got a proposal for an internship in NY and 7 years after i'm still there. Now I consider a green card will help me a lot to fulfill my expectations. Good luck to every one.

Entrants in the Diversity Visa 2013 program may now check the status of their entries through Entrant Status Check on the E-DV website through September 30, 2013. Review more about Entrant Status Check. DV 2013 Entrants: Please keep your confirmation number until at least September 2013, even if you were not selected on May 1, 2012. The Department of State may select more DV 2013 entries on October 22, 2012 at noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4).

Hmmm, well, they MAY select in the period of the 2014. How odd. It certainly made sense to me that they may do another draw prior to the next one opening.

Oh well...more waiting. I am getting good at that lol

Q