Serious issue ! Deportation - Can I get advise please ?

Store Management happened to see her in the store 5 years later ,

This is completely absurd. After 5 years ??? Unbelievable !!!

I have the feeling this conviction is going to overturned and I would go after PUBLIX legally after taking care of this ! There has to be some way to do this !!!

Now another problem has came up , my wife has told me that when she made the plea of " No Contest " she did sign where it says this can result in deportaion .

She signed it not thinking about it , confused so on ..

I'm not sure what this will lead too now.

but from what she did in fact sign , it was a warning , and she did have to sign it .

A addition to this , She has been in America for 8 years , but only a permanent resident for 4 1/2 years .

Once I get this all cleared up I'm hoping we can go though these posts and delete ones not needed and repost it for a sticky . This is info everyone can use ! People make mistakes, Yeah sometimes 2 but this is life and this is how we learn .

A addition to this , She has been in America for 8 years , but only a permanent resident for 4 1/2 years .

Once I get this all cleared up I'm hoping we can go though these posts and delete ones not needed and repost it for a sticky . This is info everyone can use ! People make mistakes, Yeah sometimes 2 but this is life and this is how we learn .

This is completely absurd. After 5 years ??? Unbelievable !!!

I have the feeling this conviction is going to overturned and I would go after PUBLIX legally after taking care of this ! There has to be some way to do this !!!

South Florida.

Yeah. No wonder. Why doesn't it surprise me?

Listen, I have a friend who is a criminal and immigration lawyer down there who as a matter of fact was running for public office few months ago.

So if you need a trial lawyer, let me know. He is in Broward County, South Florida.

Rick that would be GREAT , please send me a PM with contact details and we will call him tomorrow . I will wait for your PM.

Thanks again .

Rick that would be GREAT , please send me a PM with contact details and we will call him tomorrow . I will wait for your PM.

Thanks again .

I already sent you the information. I hope it works. And let us know if you can get a hold of him tomorrow. If you call him at 7am before he goes to court, and he answers the phone, maybe you can see him in the afternoon and you can give us some feedback later.

Good luck.

Rick he couldn't be reached , left a message for him to contact us :)

After doing a ton of reading and talking to others , right now it looks like the 212H is the best . I hope he will call back . Also we will have the hearings moved to Miami as Orlando is 5 hours from us .

Rick he couldn't be reached , left a message for him to contact us :)

After doing a ton of reading and talking to others , right now it looks like the 212H is the best . I hope he will call back . Also we will have the hearings moved to Miami as Orlando is 5 hours from us .

Make sure you call back tomorrow. Did you try at 7am? :D:D:D

A small update on this

We will try to Vacate and probably do the 212H . We have contacted many lawyers and it will cost upwards of $10,000

Need a Immigation Attorney or NO ?

Well I posted a few questions here a while back , my wife had got 2 misdemeanor charges of petty theft , she got a letter from the INS and she was facing deportation .

Since then we managed to get 1 of them VACATED ..

Since it was vacated does she still have a chance to get deported ?

She has to appear next month so were trying to figure out if we need to pay out the extra money or no ?

We have the money so that's not an issue , but we don't want to throw it away if we don't need to .

Thanks

So glad you got one of them vacated. I think you should definitely go for the second one, no matter how much it costs. Then she would have 0% percent chances of having issues later with USCIS.- :)

Well I posted a few questions here a while back , my wife had got 2 misdemeanor charges of petty theft , she got a letter from the INS and she was facing deportation .

She has to appear next month so were trying to figure out if we need to pay out the extra money or no ?

We have the money so that's not an issue , but we don't want to throw it away if we don't need to .

Thanks

I agree. Those shops have high employee turnover, and it is hard to believe that an employee would recognize her years later, without her doing something to bring attention to herself.

I do too. I find it really hard all this was over a $6.00 shoplifting charge from 5 years prior. There definatly must be a lot more to this then meets the eye. I don't think Publix has istalled face reconition heat footprint cames on the entrance to catch all the people they've nailed for petty theft in the past.

Now if the $6.00 turned out to be $6,000 and she was working there and embezzeled the money then yes they might definate reconize here then...

Some poster shere say their citizenship wasapproved with one
petty theft conviciton