• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

September VB - DV14 Last Chapter

A quick question

Has anyone considered going to Hawaii? We want to go somewhere where it is sunny, has a fresh sea breeze, that isn't overcrowded, with no traffic.

I have seen one website that compares living expenses to other cities, and it seems that Hawaii is say 30 percent more expensive than San Diego. Do you think hat one would be able to find professional employment easily for engineers and entrepreneurial business type jobs?

Cheers
Frogman

Hawaii (at least Honolulu) has horrible traffic, is expensive and you are 5 hours flight from the mainland. I love HI - but wouldn't live there.

San Diego is awesom and has good work opportunities. Texas is great in many areas, the coastal cities in Central and Northern Florida are very nice - and much cheaper cost of living.

Hi guys,
Since i saw the latest VB I stayed away from this forum. When I read all the 'new' comments i saw people in their frustration wanting to sue KCC and DOS and people writing petitions thinking that congress will change the law for them. This DV2014 prove to be very different from the last 9 DV lotteries in which almost everyone had chance to be interviewed. Unfortunately DV2015 is overloaded too and it's very likely that no region will be current also. At lest they will have more information what to expect not like us!!!
To think that they will give more than 55k visas is nonsense and in fact i think they are not gonna give more than 49k with all the people that they have in process up to date BUT it is in their power (KCC and DOS) to select people for DV process. There is one thing that we may be able to ask them to consider that is in their hands: EVERY case above the cut off for September THAT have return documents to KCC AND PARTICIPATE in DV2016 to be given low CN in DV2016. This is not going to change the diversity nature of the program. After all we have been chosen once and it is not our fault that we didn't become current. Why they would want to disappoint more people every year without giving them chance? I think this is not going to affect more than 5000 to 6000 cases.
I think that there are still human working in KCC and DOS and if we explain them how stressful this process have been for us in a polite manner they may take that in account. I know it may sound strange like other ideas i have mention on top but it our only chance to get something and we can't loose much. I have played that lottery since 1996 with exception of 2 years. I have never been selected before but never been as disappointed as when I saw last VB in which many of us found that they are not current!

Hi guys,
Since i saw the latest VB I stayed away from this forum. When I read all the 'new' comments i saw people in their frustration wanting to sue KCC and DOS and people writing petitions thinking that congress will change the law for them. This DV2014 prove to be very different from the last 9 DV lotteries in which almost everyone had chance to be interviewed. Unfortunately DV2015 is overloaded too and it's very likely that no region will be current also. At lest they will have more information what to expect not like us!!!
To think that they will give more than 55k visas is nonsense and in fact i think they are not gonna give more than 49k with all the people that they have in process up to date BUT it is in their power (KCC and DOS) to select people for DV process. There is one thing that we may be able to ask them to consider that is in their hands: EVERY case above the cut off for September THAT have return documents to KCC AND PARTICIPATE in DV2016 to be given low CN in DV2016. This is not going to change the diversity nature of the program. After all we have been chosen once and it is not our fault that we didn't become current. Why they would want to disappoint more people every year without giving them chance? I think this is not going to affect more than 5000 to 6000 cases.
I think that there are still human working in KCC and DOS and if we explain them how stressful this process have been for us in a polite manner they may take that in account. I know it may sound strange like other ideas i have mention on top but it our only chance to get something and we can't loose much. I have played that lottery since 1996 with exception of 2 years. I have never been selected before but never been as disappointed as when I saw last VB in which many of us found that they are not current!
I think it is a good idea.I would like to add that we need to move ASAP arguing that we have good qualifications,experience and speaking english well. Myself,Im PHD student in USA right now and I have two childs born here,which means that my family are 50% americans. I was thinking even to write to the white house as well especially nowadays because there is a debate between republicans and democrats about the immigration reform.If we gathered good numbers of compliments,I think there will be something that might help us and even help others in the future. we need someone who can predict how many people might missed the cutoff.LET US START ASAP without wasting time.

Hi guys,

The thing is there is a set of LAWS that control how the process is handled. It doesn't matter what you ask, hoping they are "human" about it. They would need to change the law to operate the process differently. One of the laws is that selectees are chosen from the entries in the entry period. In other words they can't give preference to people that miss out in previous lotteries - although those people are entitled to enter again.

I get the sentiment behind your suggestion, but just like the petition idea or sue KCC idea, it is a non starter.

here is one thing that we may be able to ask them to consider that is in their hands: EVERY case above the cut off for September THAT have return documents to KCC AND PARTICIPATE in DV2016 to be given low CN in DV2016. This is not going to change the diversity nature of the program. After all we have been chosen once and it is not our fault that we didn't become current. Why they would want to disappoint more people every year without giving them chance? I think this is not going to affect more than 5000 to 6000 cases.

Like simon said, they can't do this. According to law it has to be a random draw of entrants. This is precisely why they did the redraw in 2012, AND why the court case by the original selectees to try keep the original results failed.

I think the petition or suing KCC to me is a futile exercise and a waste of time at best. We all play this game knowing the rules which in my view a pretty clear. If I might quote the first notification which if you were selected you must have read states... You have been randomly selected for further processing in the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program for the fiscal year 2014 (October 1, 2013 to September 30, 2014). Selection does not guarantee that you will receive a visa because the number of applicants selected is greater than the number of visas available.

I think it´s more about getting an interview date at all. Because this also doesn´t garantee that you´ll receive a Visa but you have the opportunity to apply for. That´s why I´m so dissappointed, that we didn´t even get the chance for an interview.

Reactions: DKK
I think the main problem really is that for so many years after the crisis, all regions went current every year, so new people coming in started expecting that. People entering in the mid to late 2000s looking at the then recent history would have seen that most years saw at least some regions getting cut off and so would not have had the same general expectation that interviews were automatic.

...just saw the VB.

I'm out.

Instead of commenting, I can only link to a song that sadly, I have identified with more often in this life than I wanted to.

Important Notification for DV-2014 Selectees
DV selectees are reminded that entitlement to IV status for applicants selected for the DV-2014 program expires as of September 30, 2014. DV visas may not be issued to DV-2014 applicants after that date. Similarly, spouses and children of accompanying or following to join DV-2014 principals are only entitled to derivative DV status until September 30, 2014.

Applicants should not take continuing DV-2014 visa availability for granted. DV visa numbers for some regions and countries could be exhausted before the DV-2014 program year ends on September 30. Applicants who request rescheduling of their DV appointments to a later month risk losing their chance for a visa. Also, applicants who arrive at their interviews without all required documents and forms, and who submit the missing items in a later month, may find that a visa number is no longer be available.
(This inftormation is published in this web http://tirana.usembassy.gov/dv-07152014.html)

DV selectees are reminded that entitlement to IV status for applicants selected for the DV-2014 program expires as of September 30, 2014. DV visas may not be issued to DV-2014 applicants after that date. Similarly, spouses and children of accompanying or following to join DV-2014 principals are only entitled to derivative DV status until September 30, 2014.

Applicants should not take continuing DV-2014 visa availability for granted. DV visa numbers for some regions and countries could be exhausted before the DV-2014 program year ends on September 30. Applicants who request rescheduling of their DV appointments to a later month risk losing their chance for a visa. Also, applicants who arrive at their interviews without all required documents and forms, and who submit the missing items in a later month, may find that a visa number is no longer be available.
(This inftormation is published in this web http://tirana.usembassy.gov/dv-07152014.html)

The word is getting around...

The word is getting around...

Yup. Judging by the URL that was posted today? I don't recall any "warnings" from the last couple of years though obviously we had Iran full on 20 Sept. We have had Tirana and Nepal so far this year, anyone else I forgot?

Yup. Judging by the URL that was posted today? I don't recall any "warnings" from the last couple of years though obviously we had Iran full on 20 Sept. We have had Tirana and Nepal so far this year, anyone else I forgot?
Susie....tell me something :eek:
You should be ok, just Make sure you are FULLY prepared, you don't want a delay...
I have everything ready. Now I'm just killing time. Thank you.

What do you mean with this Simon? Should anyone be worried about anything?
I have my interview in Tirana in end of August!!!

Relax Dude, look at CEAC. They should not run out of visas in August. They would have to clear loads of APs and have an army of readys suddenly wanting visas.

I think this message is simply encouraging people to get their "sh#t together" and avoid AP because at the end of September it's going to get crazy !!!

Somewhat disappointed, had personally (overly optimistically, it seems) hoped for a (at least slight) cut-off increase for EU, OC and SA (the regions not showing any increase) by 07/15. Guess we'll all have to wait for final VB September to arrive some time beginning of August, then :(

Last edited: