• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

September VB - DV14 Last Chapter

I am a little bit puzzled by some aggressive posts on the forum when the aggressiveness is caused by too little attention to posts of others. Does not look like this is the type of posts I expected to see here.

Raevsky, please. That is a pretty obviously disingenuous post.

You threw out some pretty wild, completely unfounded, baseless and pretty childish conspiracy theories, coupled with a fair dose of your statistical opinion and analysis (which is welcomed if not accepted by all). You wound everyone up with the sillyness and now innocently poke your head in the door and say "why are people so upset". Come on Alex! I enjoy a spot of mental jousting - but please don't pretend you don't know when you are winding people up.

For the sake of returning to what is normally a very harmonious little corner of the internet - can I ask everyone to avoid the back and forth with those that are more interested in causing disruption.

The topic of this thread is discussion of September VB. Let's keep it that way.

The moderators may delete or edit posts that are off topic from this point forward.

Last edited:
Thank you @EURO2014 , yes, my interview is scheduled August 28. I'm nervous about the fact that if for any reason in the world , they put me in AP, then I'm fired. Despite this, I have to endure also him ?! Uuuuussssssaaaaaaaaa (relaxing term while pulling down my ears).

Hi levi2al

What kind of general concerns/reasons put in to AP ?

Hi levi2al

Some countries are more prone to AP because fraud concerns with documents or terrorist activity concerns. Other than that AP is pretty random. AP doesn't always last very long either...

Since I posted the earlier request top keep the posts on this thread to the topic I have deleted several posts that didn't take any notice of the request and were attempts at reopening the unfriendly arguments. So again - I am going to bed shortly and don't want to wake up and delete a bunch of posts - so I am going to remind everyone to play nice and keep off disharmonious subjects.

As the quote almost said -

"The deletings will continue until morale improves"

Hi levi2al

Till now, what I've seen, mainly they put on AP for 2 reasons:
1- Document missing/incorrect
2- Affidavit for Support not filled correctly and/or not enough income of sponsor to support you and/or you family members.

Despite the other issues such as criminal records or any relation with nonlegal processes.

Till now, what I've seen, mainly they put on AP for 2 reasons:
1- Document missing/incorrect
2- Affidavit for Support not filled correctly and/or not enough income of sponsor to support you and/or you family members.

Despite the other issues such as criminal records or any relation with nonlegal processes.

This depends a lot what country you come from as well. The above are certainly reasons, but those APs tend to be resolved quite quickly as it just a case of supplying the required document etc. Other reasons - some of which can take quite some time to resolve - are:
- countries with high fraud rates where they are checking validity of identity documentation, education credentials etc
- suspicion of green card marriage where they are checking that the marriage is valid
- countries with high levels of terrorism and/or many people with similar names so they do more extensive background checks to confirm the person is who they say they are, with the background they say they have

One "advantage" of DV is that they do seem to try get through AP faster than 'normal' cases where there is no time limit for visa issuance. So whereas for other immigrant visas 6 months or longer is not that uncommon, it is pretty rare for DV - it does happen but reports are usually that cases are resolved sooner than that . There was quite a long AP thread for DV2013, if you do a search may be of interest.

This depends a lot what country you come from as well. The above are certainly reasons, but those APs tend to be resolved quite quickly as it just a case of supplying the required document etc. Other reasons - some of which can take quite some time to resolve - are:
- countries with high fraud rates where they are checking validity of identity documentation, education credentials etc
- suspicion of green card marriage where they are checking that the marriage is valid
- countries with high levels of terrorism and/or many people with similar names so they do more extensive background checks to confirm the person is who they say they are, with the background they say they have

One "advantage" of DV is that they do seem to try get through AP faster than 'normal' cases where there is no time limit for visa issuance. So whereas for other immigrant visas 6 months or longer is not that uncommon, it is pretty rare for DV - it does happen but reports are usually that cases are resolved sooner than that . There was quite a long AP thread for DV2013, if you do a search may be of interest.

Thanks for the valuable Information SusieQQQ & levi2al.

I will check past AP threads, thanks again.

Hey Guys, it is coming again to this time of the month where everybody is waiting and counting fingers, is there any expectations to left the cut-off in AF for Egypt, or for it to have numbers up to 37xxx, looking to the flow, the numbers that they take for interview is less in August in comparison to July and the cut-off now is 32,500?? i mean is there any chance????

thank you

Dear MalcomX.... i think your predictions will be correct for AS with this special notice in US embassy of Nepal site.....
http://nepal.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/diversity-visa-program.html

Wo ...that sure sounds like a warning. Did they put that up recently, do you know?

"Important Notice for DV 2014 Applicants: According to U.S. law, the number of diversity visas worldwide per year is currently limited to 50,000. At most, applicants living in Nepal can receive 3,500 of these diversity visas. Particularly as the yearly September 30 deadline approaches, those applicants who are otherwise qualified and who may have even had an interview at the U.S. Embassy may not receive a visa due to this limitation. If your case is put on hold because it is determined that you need to produce further documentation, please do so in a timely fashion in order to avoid this unfortunate circumstance."

Also note they give 50000/3500 as the max.... I wonder if that is just because it is "standard" or if that is a definitive signal that there will not be more than 50k DVs this year??

Wo ...that sure sounds like a warning. Did they put that up recently, do you know?

"Important Notice for DV 2014 Applicants: According to U.S. law, the number of diversity visas worldwide per year is currently limited to 50,000. At most, applicants living in Nepal can receive 3,500 of these diversity visas. Particularly as the yearly September 30 deadline approaches, those applicants who are otherwise qualified and who may have even had an interview at the U.S. Embassy may not receive a visa due to this limitation. If your case is put on hold because it is determined that you need to produce further documentation, please do so in a timely fashion in order to avoid this unfortunate circumstance."

Also note they give 50000/3500 as the max.... I wonder if that is just because it is "standard" or if that is a definitive signal that there will not be more than 50k DVs this year??
I always believe they target 50k and 3.5k country limit but if the buffer overrun they will use the remaining NACARA quota. Just like dv13, it issued additional 1.5k visas and that definitely come from NACARA. Remember in DV13, Iran only take 200+ from the 1.5k visas, so other countries also get from that additional 1.5k visas. So, for Nepal is might already have 3.7k selectees scheduled for interview and if it needed 3.6k visas after all the interviews I think they will still issue the additional 100+ visas and it will not put a hard limit at 3.5k. The message is very clear that KDU embassy already expect it to go over the country limit with existing interviews scheduled and this message only mentioned in Nepal US embassy at the moment. I think we will see this kind of message appearing toward the mid of Sept in other US embassies as well.

If Nepal remains 9500 as the sept cutoff...Is it good or bad for rest of Asians?
I think...this time Iran will not hit the country limit according to the Nepal embassy notice as well as the low success rate.
If Nepal stay on 9500, it mean it will have additional 200 or so for Rest of Asia and it might push additional 1k CN for Rest of Asia. But the message might include Sept visa slots for Nepal so at this moment we cannot say Nepal will stop at 9500. It might still go up to 10.5k for Nepal. Anyway it just less than 2 weeks to know the faith of the anxiously waiting selectees.

If Nepal remains 9500 as the sept cutoff...Is it good or bad for rest of Asians?
I think...this time Iran will not hit the country limit according to the Nepal embassy notice as well as the low success rate.

What is issued/success rate so far? As far as I am aware there was no similar warning in Iran last year - just the notice when they ran out of visas. I have a theory that most of Iranian interviews are scheduled by July anyway and most of the rest of the issuances last two months are just AP cases being finished. This theory is not based on any numbers but on the warning for Iranian applicants that most go on AP and that AP can take around 2 months, so it doesn't make sense (imo) to keep scheduling interviews through especially late August and into September.