September 2009 I-751 Filers

Received I-751 approval notice today

Hi Guys,

I received the I-751 approval notice today(Approval date:12/31/09) Good luck to everyone. :D

Congratulations!!!!

Sethuganesh123,
congratulations to you, i check these postings almost everyday, even though i didnt post my timeline here, i actually mailed my I-751 application on July 31,2009 recieved my extension letter in august, did biometrics on september 12, 2009 and my online case was updated on september 17. i am still waiting for some good news from the wonderful people at VSC, so reading here that you recieved your letter makes me very happy. my question to you though, did your online case change to reflect the approval, because i have been reading that even though several people have been recieving their approval letter, their cases online are still saying "Intial Review".

Congratulations again!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

looking forward to hearing some good news about my case soon!

trebled75

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi trebled75,

Thank you. My online status still says my case is in the initial review status. So I am not sure if they update it regularly. Hope everyone gets their approval soon. Good luck guys.

Dear Sept. filers,
I received notification that my application was approved on Dec 22nd. Since I was abroad at that time until recently, I did not access this forum. I also received my 10 year card this Friday. All the best to everyone waiting and may your journey be smooth and successful.

Best,
Your fellow Sept. filer

A very skeptical i751 approved despite domestic violence conviction

I was very worried about this case but thanks God it's approved.

Hi All,
I mailed my i751 on Sept 18, but i am very skeptical about this one, as my wife and I had a domestic dispute on April 17, 2009, it resulted to me getting arrested for DV. At the time, we were going to through hard time and i was talking to a lawyer to get a divorce. She didn't like that and falsely accusing of punching her, in court I told the judge that she lied about the whole thing and that i couldn't prove something that didn't happen. My wife tried to take the charges back but the State picked it up at the time and forced her on the stand. Long story short, i was convicted of domestic violence and was put on probation for 8 months. I blaim myself for that because i was offered a deal of disorderly conduct which i REFUSED. I told the prosecutor that i was innocent. I really thought that innocent people don't get convicted. WRONG. Anyway, i appealed the case and hired a lawyer to fight it, the appeal is pending. We have worked things out since and she felt guilty and very remorseful about the situation, i have forgiven her and we have moved on. Now we have submitted the i751 together with all that was required, including the copy of the birth certificates of our 2 children, one of whom was born on March 2009. Also, I have included an explanation letter of my side of the story (which is the god absolute truth), a doctor diagnosting my wife with Postpartum depression (condition very common to new moms), and a documentation about how Postp depress affects women. I didn't hire a lawyer for this although i did have an attorney review my case and said that i had 50/50 chance to get approved or deported and that he would consider coming with us if we are called for an interview.
I still blaim myself for refusing the deal offered but at the time, i didn't even think about any immigration ramifications. I was so stressed and pissed off that she actually could lie and put me in jail for the first time and that easily (this says a lot about the justice system too).
Anyway, if anybody have similar experience or have had i751 apporved with a conviction i'd be more than happy to hear your story. It won't be the end of the world if they dont approved it, i'd move back to my own country and i 'd move on from it. I'd however, fight in any way to stay with my children. Pray for me........

i751 Timeline:
9/18/2009: i751 sent
9/21/2009: RD
9/26/2009: NOA1 with receipt number (not viewable online yet)
10/10/2009: Fingerprint notice received in the mail (Scheduled for 10/22/09) (case viewable online under a diff #)
10/13/2009: Completed Walk-in biometrics.
11/04/2009:LUD (case touched:Address Change Update)
11/05/2009:LUD (case touched)
11/09/2009: Received Change of Address Confirmation Letter
03/12/2010:Card Production ordered email & Text
03/15/2010: LUD (case touched)
03/16/2010: LUD (case touched)
03/16/2010: LUD (case touched) Also receive Approval notice in the mail
03/17/2010: LUD (case touched)

Bengals:
Do: Cincinnati, OH
7/23: i130, i485, i765, i693, and i864 sent to Chicago Lockbox
7/24:RD
8/07:FP notice for 8/30 (ASC code 3 )
8/22:RFE on i864
8/30:FP Done
8/30:LUD on i765
9/01:RFE sent...
9/07 RFE received (Case resumed)
9/10 LUD on i485
10/1 LUD on i765 (Email EAD Card ordered)
10/1 IL received (Interview scheduled for December 17th )
12/17 interview approved today (received card ordered email when i got home, will post expirience when i get the chance)
1/1/08 GC received in the mail