September 2009 I-751 Filers

Hi guys,
We mailed in my I-751 application package yesterday. Hope everything goes smoothly for everyone! Have a great weekend.

:)

Welcome to the September filers club, k.ambrose, nice to hear from you again! What have you been up to the last two years?

I do remember you being in a similar situation as my wife and I, not living together yet at the time of AOS ... we included an addendum summarizing why we hadn't lived together yet and when exactly we moved together. We included the receipt notice for my wife's move to my city and our notices for our joint moves after that as evidence.

Our IO from Sept 07 had told us that we will have another interview when I apply for removal of conditions, as if it was certain an interview will be required ... let's see if our I-751 package convinced them otherwise. Otherwise, I guess we'll have a nice excuse for a day trip to San Antonio. :)

So, my conditional GC is about to expire tomorrow! :eek: But I got my automatic extension letter in the mail a week ago. :D I hadn't had time to announce it here yet because I've been busy with work and with our new house, sorry!

August 3,2009 - mailed my application I-751 petition to remove conditions on residence
August 11- NOA (extension for 1 year)
August 17,2009 -Appointment for biometrics received
September 2,2009-Biometrics taken
September 18,2002- checked the status USCIS online- CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED
September 25,2009- Got my green card!
No interview!

Welcome to the September filers club, k.ambrose, nice to hear from you again! What have you been up to the last two years?

I do remember you being in a similar situation as my wife and I, not living together yet at the time of AOS ... we included an addendum summarizing why we hadn't lived together yet and when exactly we moved together. We included the receipt notice for my wife's move to my city and our notices for our joint moves after that as evidence.

Our IO from Sept 07 had told us that we will have another interview when I apply for removal of conditions, as if it was certain an interview will be required ... let's see if our I-751 package convinced them otherwise. Otherwise, I guess we'll have a nice excuse for a day trip to San Antonio. :)

So, my conditional GC is about to expire tomorrow! :eek: But I got my automatic extension letter in the mail a week ago. :D I hadn't had time to announce it here yet because I've been busy with work and with our new house, sorry!

Hi austriacus! Great news that you have your extension letter in hand :)

Yeap, you're right. My husband was living in Jersey while I was working in DE in 2007 at the time of application and I do remember having a tough time with the interviewing officer about that; thankfully we received my card soon after.

It feels like it's been ages since then. I resigned from my DE position and started grad school in New Jersey last fall and we both moved into our new place last year as well.

It took us a year from our civil marriage to get everything sorted out in terms of jobs/school, place to live etc. (apt. hunting wasn't easy!). We also managed to get our traditional wedding ceremony done with both sets of parents back in Asia last Aug, (1 year and 4 months after getting married in front of the Mayor in Jersey!). Pheww..managed to get family members from 3 different countries in one place :)

We included my AR-11 copy and my husband receipt for Sponsor change of address in our packet. Hope these are enough proof that we're in one home now. We also showed 30 odd pictures between the time of our marriage in 07' to our traditional wedding last Aug with family to present time. Then those joint bank account statements for 6 months, tax return copies, dental and health insurances etc. We never signed a lease, so don't have one.

I think your officer mentioned that you "will have" another interview because of the different residences at that time. I'm hoping that there will be no need for such interviews and we both get our cards just like others have.

August 3,2009 - mailed my application I-751 petition to remove conditions on residence
August 11- NOA (extension for 1 year)
August 17,2009 -Appointment for biometrics received
September 2,2009-Biometrics taken
September 18,2002- checked the status USCIS online- CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED
September 25,2009- Got my green card!
No interview!

Congratulations, blugene! Looks like you got your card in record time :) What type of supporting documents did you show them?

A very skeptical Sept 2009 i751 application

Hi All,
I mailed my i751 on Sept 18, but i am very skeptical about this one, as my wife and I had a domestic dispute on April 17, 2009, it resulted to me getting arrested for DV. At the time, we were going to through hard time and i was talking to a lawyer to get a divorce. She didn't like that and falsely accusing of punching her, in court I told the judge that she lied about the whole thing and that i couldn't prove something that didn't happen. My wife tried to take the charges back but the State picked it up at the time and forced her on the stand. Long story short, i was convicted of domestic violence and was put on probation for 8 months. I blaim myself for that because i was offered a deal of disorderly conduct which i REFUSED. I told the prosecutor that i was innocent. I really thought that innocent people don't get convicted. WRONG. Anyway, i appealed the case and hired a lawyer to fight it, the appeal is pending. We have worked things out since and she felt guilty and very remorseful about the situation, i have forgiven her and we have moved on. Now we have submitted the i751 together with all that was required, including the copy of the birth certificates of our 2 children, one of whom was born on March 2009. Also, I have included an explanation letter of my side of the story (which is the god absolute truth), a doctor diagnosting my wife with Postpartum depression (condition very common to new moms), and a documentation about how Postp depress affects women. I didn't hire a lawyer for this although i did have an attorney review my case and said that i had 50/50 chance to get approved or deported and that he would consider coming with us if we are called for an interview.
I still blaim myself for refusing the deal offered but at the time, i didn't even think about any immigration ramifications. I was so stressed and pissed off that she actually could lie and put me in jail for the first time and that easily (this says a lot about the justice system too).
Anyway, if anybody have similar experience or have had i751 apporved with a conviction i'd be more than happy to hear your story. It won't be the end of the world if they dont approved it, i'd move back to my own country and i 'd move on from it. I'd however, fight in any way to stay with my children. Pray for me........

i751 Timeline:
9/18/2009: i751 sent
9/21/2009: RD
9/26/2009: NOA1 with receipt number (not viewable online yet)
10/10/2009: Fingerprint notice received in the mail (Scheduled for 10/22/09) (case viewable online under a diff #)
10/13/2009: Completed Walk-in biometrics.
11/04/2009:LUD (case touched:Address Change Update)
11/05/2009:LUD (case touched)
11/09/2009: Received Change of Address Confirmation Letter
03/12/2010:Card Production ordered email & Text
03/15/2010: LUD (case touched)
03/16/2010: LUD (case touched)
03/16/2010: LUD (case touched) Also received Approval notice in the mail
03/17/2010: LUD (case touched)
03/20/2010: CG Received in the mail.

Bengals:
Do: Cincinnati, OH
7/23: i130, i485, i765, i693, and i864 sent to Chicago Lockbox
7/24:RD
8/07:FP notice for 8/30 (ASC code 3 )
8/22:RFE on i864
8/30:FP Done
8/30:LUD on i765
9/01:RFE sent...
9/07 RFE received (Case resumed)
9/10 LUD on i485
10/1 LUD on i765 (Email EAD Card ordered)
10/1 IL received (Interview scheduled for December 17th )
12/17 interview approved today (received card ordered email when i got home, will post expirience when i get the chance)
1/1/08 GC received in the mail

Last edited by a moderator:
hi all,

Got my biomterics appt letter for 10/20....finally!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, blugene! Looks like you got your card in record time :) What type of supporting documents did you show them?

Were those supporting documents green with dead presidents and several zeros on them? ;) Congrats from me too, blugene, for the lightning fast approval!

k.ambrose, good decision to go back to school, I did too and got my degree in May of this year. We haven't had our traditional wedding yet, maybe in a year or two in Austria!

Funny thing happenend today. So my wife and I decided to open a new bank account at a local bank close to our house. When it came time to answer the questions about residency, the lady at the bank asked to see my GC. Of course, it expired 4 days ago, and of course, I didn't carry my extension letter on me! She looked at me a little weird but then said it'll be fine if I just scan it and email it to her later, which I did.

What do all of you do with your extension letters? Carry them on you for proof? Or lock them in a safe since it's your only proof of legal status? I'm thinking about perhaps copy it to a reduced size so a copy of it will fit into my wallet ... something like that.

bengals, sorry for the trouble you had to go through and good luck with your case. It's bizarre you were convicted if she was forced to testify, assuming she testified that the charges were false. Whatever happenend to "beyond reasonable doubt"? Good luck with the appeal, too!

Praetorian, I don't even carry the original GC. :p:p I showed them my wallet copy of the GC, a now faded and worn and expired piece of paper which has COPY written in bold letters across it. I explained to them that the government would take forever to replace the original if I were to lose it. Come to think of it, it's a miracle they accepted my little piece of paper at all as proof of permanent residency. :D (Then again, is a bank really supposed to check your GC? First time this ever happenend to me.)

Hi Folks,
I jave a question......I filed I_-751 for my 10 yr old daughter also and now i have recvd. biometrics letter but i'm still waiting for hers. Do children need to go for fingerprinting as well? Or as she is minor,only i will need to get it done? Any clues anybody? I'm getting worried b'coz i got my FP letter about 10 days ago and still nothing for her even though she's on my form.

Hi guys,
How long did it take for you to able to register/add your I-751 application to your USCIS portfolio online? My NOA states Sept. 28, however I am still unable to register or receive any online updates on this case. Perhaps, I need to wait another week (?). It's exactly 2 weeks today from NOA date.

Thank you.

I filed for AOS (to Chicago lock box) and its been a week since my NOA but I can't check my case status online either. I guess sometimes it takes longer.

Hi guys, I mailed my I 751 package and did not receive any biometric notice for more than a month. Do I need to contact USCIS or need to do anything? I don’t know it lost in mail or they did not send me one.

09/09/09- mailed I 751 to CSC
09/18/09- received receipt I 797