i just received 2 emails 8 & 9th my I-140 & I-485 got approved - EB3
I-14O AD- 03/08/05
RD -09/10/04
ND - 09/15/04
I-485 AD - 03/09/05
RD - 09/10/04
ND - 09/15/04 concurrent filing
EAD/AP/FP - mid december..

i have not filled 485 for my wife & new born kid in India. They are in India now. what is next?? Can i apply GC for my wife and kid now? is retrogression impacted for approved 485's also?

gurus please advise..

thanks...I-

Re:

Hi Chinna,

Since you not filed I485 for your wife and new born, contact your lawyer immediately. I believe, best thing is to get them to US on dependent visa (H4, L2 whatever applicable) as soon as possible. Afterwards, you can file their I-485.

If you file for their GC when they are in India, I believe, it takes years to get through due to wating period. Contact your lawyer asap.

Thanks,
DWD123

Last edited by a moderator:
dwd123 said:
Hi Chinna,

Since you not filed I485 for your wife and new born, contact your lawyer immediately. I believe, best thing is to get them to US on dependent visa (H4, L2 whatever applicable) as soon as possible.

If you want to file for their GC from here, I believe, it takes years to get through.

Thanks,
DWD123
Congrats and contact your attorney immediately..Thanks
KK

Hi Chinna,
Congratualations.

what dwd123 says sounds right to me. Contact your attorney first.
Don't go for stamping till you contact your attprney.

Good Luck!

---------------------------------------
I am not a lawer. All i say in this ofrum is just my opinion.

I might be wrong about this but is this not a huge problem???? Isnt this why people wait to get married until they file 485? Once your GC is approved, dont you have to wait 5 years before bringing your family in? Again, I might be mistaken but I would suggest that you contact a lawyer ASAP!!! Run to the lawyer right now. Once of my friends went through the same situation.

Iam sorry...I may disappoint you badly

Sir,

You have done the biggest mistake of your life. You should have filed I-485 for your wife before your I-485 approval. Now it will take 5 years for her to come to this country.

And who ever thinking that once a person gets GC , they can bring their family in no time has absolutely no knowledge.

Guys, before approval of 485, you have to file 485 for all your spouse, even if she is not in US. Its called I-824, Your spouse gets interviewed in few months at the country shes living in and she will join you after the consular approves it.

If your 485 is approved and then you notify the INS that you are married and have kid. Then It means re applying for GC for them, and that is like right now 5 years wait time....currently they are processing 1998 cases.

Thank you,
Kanjoos

My case is in EB2 categorey

I spoke to my attoreny this morning about this he told that my case is in EB2 categorey and he will get back with all the details tomorrow..

thanks for all your inputs..

thanks bharad1

I remeber my attorney also said this. But i still need to research and wait for my attorney's latest info...

What I find even more shocking is that many people on this board are unaware of this fact. Please educate yourself about this one. Could turn out to be critical as it has in this case.