Peapod

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I got my I-140 approval yesterday. Details are as follows:

ND: 9/19/03
RFE: 12/12/03
RFE reply recd by VSC: 1/7/04
Approved: 1/30/04

Mine was a EB2 case filed concurrently. Still waiting for my EAD.

Hi,
Plz tell us details for RFE, mine is also sept 2003, if u could share RFE details, it would be great help for others also.

thanks

I-140 Approved

Guys My I 140 got approved after I recd RFE in Nov.
Details below.

Concurrent filing
I-140/485/EAD RD on Sep 5 2003
RFE on 140 on Nov 10, RFE responded on Dec 18
RFE on Company and my tax returns for the last 2 years.

I-140 Approved on 01/30/2004
EAD still Waiting
485 >> >> Long way to go.

Thanks a lot guys. This Forum is real partner at time of GC Desperations. I feel lucky to got it cleared within 6 months.

I hope every one in this forum will get their's soon.

Thanks u all.

How to make out EB1/EB2/EB3

Guys,
Concurrent filing
ND for I-140/485/EAD - 09/18/2003
EAD approval -12/18/003
My lawyer said EB2 or EB3
What are the current dates for EB2 and EB3?
How to find out mi is EB2 or EB3 apart from lawyer.

Congrats for your I-140 approval.
I have got a question though.
The I-140 processing dates for VSS shows January 2003.
How come yours got approved while your ND shows 9/2003.
Obviously it is misunderstanding from my part. Please make me clear.

devadoss ,

You are right, even i do not understand this, i even know people who filed in november and got approved, mine nd is also september.

Only reason is that VSC is inconsitent in what they say, there processing date drama is a real drama and it fall wrong on both sides.

for example currently processing date is "january 2003", there are people whose application is pending for the date of june 2002 and there are people where there ND is niov 2003 and they got approved. i guess there is only one person who can explain this logic, here is his names

G O D .

THX

Peapod ,
thx for your help man, did you submit your current paystub with your i-104 application?
just wondering why every one is getting this same RFE.

thank for ur help

-manoj

What we are seeing is the continuation of the trend from last year of concurrently filed 140 apps which trigger an RFE for the 140 based on the concurrent EAD filing getting approved as soon as a satisfactory reply is received.

Apparently the 140 app is scrutinized before the EAD is approved. If at that point the 140 is deemed satisfactory, it is put back in the 'regular' pile, to be approved at a later date. However, if an RFE is triggered and the subsequently responded to, the application is approved. Off course this hypothesis is based on anecdotal evidence provided by people posting their experiences here.

The processing dates published per service center are merely indicative of the earliest date that the service center has applications from, which have not yet been processed. So if your ND is after that date, you might be approved at any time based on the a number of unpredicatable parameters(individual processing speed of the officer, 'security checks', RFEs, etc, etc), while if your notice date is before the current processing date for that category, you can call the 800 number and initiate an inquiry.

Whether or not that inquiry actually triggers a chain of events that result in an approval/denial, who knows? :D

K

Originally posted by manoj2003
devadoss ,

You are right, even i do not understand this, i even know people who filed in november and got approved, mine nd is also september.

Only reason is that VSC is inconsitent in what they say, there processing date drama is a real drama and it fall wrong on both sides.

for example currently processing date is "january 2003", there are people whose application is pending for the date of june 2002 and there are people where there ND is niov 2003 and they got approved. i guess there is only one person who can explain this logic, here is his names

G O D .

THX

PhillyKP,

thx for ur detailed reply, you mentioned in ur reply that "I-140 apps are varified before EAD is approved", I need some senior guy to discuss this with me little further.

Reason is that mine is labor subs and and original labor guy is 4 yrs degree while mine is 3 yrs with diploma in CS, my attorny did a fresh Education eval. before filing petition and i told me that Education eval says "4 yrs or eqaul", according to him I am ok.

I got my EAD approved in december without any RFE.

now my attorny told me that when they havea look on i-140 before approving EAD they check

1. Personal information
2. Education req.
3. Salary req
4.Technical req (Exp and skills)

When i told him that i have heard that they just do a cursory review of I-140 and just see personal info (like name and address), he said that "EAD is a work permit, why would they just see personal info and issue a work permit?", i could not answer that question.

He says that since ur EAD is approved u mut get ur i-140 approved too, most probable there might be RFE abt company taxes or something like that but u r ok.

I would like to request you to share your thoughts/information with me on this issue, it would be really helpfull for me.

thansk a lot

-Manoj

I finally got my EAD approved on Feb. 11, 2004. Still waiting for the actual card to arrive.

My I-140 was approved on 1/30/04.

RD 9/19/03

Manoj,

Sorry, but for some reason, I didn't see this post until now...

Your attorney's argument makes sense, and is consistent with what I had said earlier. I don't recall saying anything about the level of scrutiny, because quite frankly, I don't know how much detail they go into. Plus factor in the fact that each officer probably sets his/her own standards, and you realize that there is no consistency at all. When issuing the EAD, probably they did scrutinize your 140 and it must have passed some benchmarks for them to have approved it. Otherwise you would have been in the lucky group to have gotten an RFE, which would likely have resulted in the 140 approval :D.

The only thing we do know for a fact is that the 140 is scrutinized (I remember reading this in Murthy update bulletin) for concurrently filed apps before approving the EAD. Anything above and beyond that relating to the level of detail is pure speculation based on experiences posted here...

Hope this helps.

K

Originally posted by manoj2003
PhillyKP,

He says that since ur EAD is approved u mut get ur i-140 approved too, most probable there might be RFE abt company taxes or something like that but u r ok.

I would like to request you to share your thoughts/information with me on this issue, it would be really helpfull for me.

thansk a lot

-Manoj