Seperate envelopes for I-130,485 and 765?

jason79

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
We are just about ready with all the paperwork to apply for my GC(currently on H-1b) based on my wedding to a USC.
I am concurrently sending forms I130, 485 and 765 along with supporting forms and documents, i was wondering if i can send all these documents together to the chicago lockbox in ONE usps priority mail envelope ?
If yes, do i seperate these 3 packets inside with just pins, or do i put them in their individual envelopes (if yes then what kinds are recommended). I have not read anywhere about what the accepted method is.

Please let me know.

thanks.

We used one envelope. We also used one check. I forget how my wife did it but I think she had everything in a manila folder, and in the folder she had the form and the documentation related to that form binder clipped together. I think we just reviewed to made sure we had all the forms and put them in the following order I-130, I-485, I-693 (sealed), I-864. (Because of her status also I-566 and I-508). We placed the check on top and paperclip that to the G-1145

We also included G-1145 which request notification by email and/or text message when the applications are accepted by the lock box.

There is a page on the USCIS website that explains how the package should be put together. If I can find it I will include the link.

Put all the applications in one envelope but attach two checks one for I-130 and the other one for I-485. That's what I did when I applied GC for my wife.

One envelope, two checks, one cover letter that talks about the content of the whole package (I-130, I-485) signed by both of you, One cover letter for the I-130 application and relevant documents signed by the USC, One cover letter for the I-485 and relevant documents signed by the person who is applying for the GC

Thanks guys for the response.
After i get over the shock of spending almost $30 for 6 PP size photos here in the NoVa area, i am planning to take the advice and send all the documents pinned separately in one folder.

One envelope, two checks, one cover letter that talks about the content of the whole package (I-130, I-485) signed by both of you, One cover letter for the I-130 application and relevant documents signed by the USC, One cover letter for the I-485 and relevant documents signed by the person who is applying for the GC
@EasyGration - i have the cover letters printed out, but my wife is currently out of town so wont be able to sign any of those - i am guessing unsigned cover letters with just names should do fine, right?

There is a page on the USCIS website that explains how the package should be put together. If I can find it I will include the link.
@dhlunar - did u happen to find that link? please link it if you did.

thanks.