Separate Queues

NEED_GC

There should be a separate queue for applications from country "Other" category. VSC has been processing Aug 99 cases for the past 3 to 4 months due to the great number of Indian applications received in Aug 99. I understand that in Aug 99, Sept 99 and Oct 99 Priority dates were current for everybody, but this hardly seems fair for "Other" applicants.

It is not unreasonable to have 2 queues to process these applications especially when Indian applicants affect my Oct 99 case.

Just my 2 cents
Thanks and Happy Thankgiving past.
Need_GC

No Title

FYI:
i\'m Aug\'99 and other country, so i probably also affect your Oct\'99 case...

No Title

Dear NEED_GC:

Yes a lot of Inidan GCs were processed in Aug Sept and Oct of 99. Yes, other countries are now in the same queue. However, why is this not fair???

For over eight years, the queues for India\'s EB2 and EB3 were behind other countries. Is that fair?? The reason there were so many Indians is, because there are many Indians who are educated and have a job which can\'t be filled by a native. The standard reply for having country quotas was, "Well we need diversity". Diversity my ass. Every state in India is big enough to be a country. If you want diversity, I suggest considering each state to be a country and realising that that is diversity.

In any case country quotas discrimninated against us, now its gone so live with it. Just because you were one of only a handful of "escapees" out of some low profile country like the Bahamas, or Panama, or some European country (which do not have too many people subscribing to the visas and therefore doesnt have a cuttoff date) does not mean your any more desrving of a better service from INS than the rest of us.

We felt the pain of INS\'s sloth for so long. Now its your turn.