Separate envelopes or both in one

takadigi

Registered Users (C)
When husband and wife applies N-400 for naturalization, is it customary to put in both applications together in one envelope or do people send in completely separate applications in different envelopes.

If people send in separate applications, don't they just send duplicate information particularly about tax returns, etc.?

takadigi said:
When husband and wife applies N-400 for naturalization, is it customary to put in both applications together in one envelope or do people send in completely separate applications in different envelopes.

If people send in separate applications, don't they just send duplicate information particularly about tax returns, etc.?

You can put them both in the same envelope but separate :confused: ;) :rolleyes:

Let me explain myself:

Each application should have its own check for $400, it's own documents, if you're required to attach any, and to avoid any confusion, I'll suggest 2 envelopes in a bigger envelope.

Also, based on my experience, Priority Mail, is fast (2 days anywhere in the Continental U.S.) you can track it on USPS website, and cheap $4.05 flat rate for an envelope up to 1 lb....more than enough for two N-400 applications.

Suzy977 said:
You can put them both in the same envelope but separate :confused: ;) :rolleyes:

Let me explain myself:

Each application should have its own check for $400, it's own documents, if you're required to attach any, and to avoid any confusion, I'll suggest 2 envelopes in a bigger envelope.

Also, based on my experience, Priority Mail, is fast (2 days anywhere in the Continental U.S.) you can track it on USPS website, and cheap $4.05 flat rate for an envelope up to 1 lb....more than enough for two N-400 applications.

Thanks! That certainly helps.

takadigi said:

You can mail them together, but every N-400 totally separate inside of the envelope.
It's a very high possibility that two different persons are going to process the 2 applications.

I've prepared my wife's and my N-400 in separate packages and then I put them in a big envelope and sent them First Class mail, (no EXPRESS, Overnight, Priority, etc.) in one week the checks were cashed...that's the best receipt ;)

Thanks gc4parents and PG2006. I am going to make two different packages and put them in one larger envelope to mail out.