Sep 2009 filers Post here

Another Sep Filer

Below are my Details

DO: Newark, NJ

09/28/2009 - Fedex to Chicago
09/29/2009 - Reached Chicago Office

Help please

Today I came home so that I can see the RFE request from USCIS. My dad received it a couple days ago. Actually, my RFE letter states:
"Form I-864 Affidavit of Support was submitted; however, it was not submitted from the petitioner/sponsor. In order to process your application further, submit a completed and signed Form I-864 for the petitioner/sponsor listed on form I-130 or form I-129F.
For more specific information, see Form I-864 instructions, page 2, ...."

I sent my I-864 along with other forms. Since I'm the petitioner and having no income (still in college), my wife's uncle is her sponsor. Why do we get this letter? I don't really understand. Does this mean that her uncle has to mail the I-864 form separately from us? Anyone who knows anything about this, please help.

I think the petitioner has to be one of the sponsors. If you read the instructions for I-864 it says you have to include the petitioner as one of the sponsors. In addition to your uncle being a *joint* sponsor you have to submit a I-864. But since you don't have income I am not sure how to do this.

Thanks a lot for your reply, thomas. I do have very little income around $3000 a year from my part-time job at school, and I did file taxes every year. So, I have to file I-864 too as you said.

I just checked today and they have not been cleared yet. Its been a week (my application reached chicago on 29th). So I guess the waiting game continues...

My checks have been deposited/cleared. Just an update to the late September filers.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bank statement doesn't show this yet..... when did you see it? I thought you can always see it over night?

I was checking for a tax document and saw that a chunk of money was gone from my account:). My account does not show the time the withdrawal was made but it must have been this afternoon. The check was deposited on 10.05.09 (yesterday) in a bank in Indy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent through USPS/priority with return confirmation. I checked the tracking number to confirm it was delivered on 9/29.
I was looking at the normal range by which checks get cleared based on others signatures. It seems like it takes about a week. I was expecting it to go through this week. I don't think you have to worry yet.

My check cleared on 10/02/2009. On the back of check, I see a number with WACXXXXXXXXX.. Is this is NOA receipt number. Can we use it for tracking

sent package Sept 21,
received receipts Oct 6
waiting for biometrics appointment letter
In the meantime gathering evidence of my bonafide marriage.
Hoping the whole process is over and done with before christmas and before my baby is born .