Sep 02'. case finally approved!!!

sumram

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys,

It was a normal morning. Had the usual coffee, browsed the web. And then I saw it. Did not know how to react. The emotions got the better of me. The last four years of our lives flashed before me. I pinched myself and felt the pain (no pun intended).

Yes, it was the long-awaited approval notice, almost came in as an anti-climax that would have made Ripley sit up and take notice.

Anyway, here are some details and history of our journey.

I-485 RD-09/2002
I-485 ND-09/2002
EAD1: 10/02
AP1: 10/02
FP1: 10/30/2002

RFE: 12/03'..

EAD2:04//04
AP2: 04//04
FP2: 10/14/2004 (approved and sent to the FBI on the same day...info. got by calling FBI)

Initiated enquiry by calling the Customer service on: 11/19/04'.

Approved: 11/23/04'. (Approved after 26 mths)

LUD changes: No change was made after Oct 30 2002 finger printing notice...till the approval notice on 11/23/04'..

Address change request made in Sep 03'..(Moved from Vermont to California)
Address change updated by INS on: july 12 04'. (took them 11 mths to do it).
For 9 months neither we nor our lawyer knew whether our file was in Vermont or California..

When we initially moved, our lawyer had filed for our case to be moved from VT to California......and we were asked not to contact the INS guys...but we did sometime in May 03'...then we were told by the INS officer that in case of an address change all that needed to be done was give them a call and update the address ....there is no need to move the file which our dear lawyer tried to do...

Finally its all over.......waiting for the approval notice and the plastic card now! How long does it usually take for the plastic card...

Just about to go out to celebrate!! Thought would finish the post first.....Thanks a lot guys for all the info...and ofcourse a special thnks to rajiv khanna for such a wonderful site.

Good luck to everyone waiting! I’m sure "help is on the way" :)

Rgds,
sumram

Thnks everybody ! We sure are enjoying every bit of our freedom!!

Btw, for the RFE we just had to send copies of our passport and our latest tax records.

rgds,
sum

Congratulations..
Must be such a relief. I understand very well, when you say that it was an anti climax and you could not react in any way. Even though I did not pinch myself but had no reaction!! Am waiting to get the passport stamped on tuesday.

I guess the feeling of relief would kick in gradually. Enjoy.

Waiting!