Sent P3 to NVC, what next?

Octa Viva

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My lawyer send the P3 to NVC in the first week of September and it's almost October now. I am wondering what is next? How do I know if the case has already been forwarded to Mumbai consulate (in my case) or there are some problems? Should I call the consulate or is there a way to contact NVC for the same?

Btw, the time for interview from the date of sending P3 to NVC is approximately 3 months, isn't? What's your experience?

Octa Viva,
You can check your case status by calling NVC automated voice system @ 603-334-0700, for that you need to provide your BCIS case (I-140) number.

Thanks Venko! That was very helpful.

I just called up that number and the message says that my case was approved on Sept 22nd and that I should hear from NVC/State no later than 8 weeks.

Does this mean the case has been forwarded to the Mumbai consulate on Sept 22nd? Or, does this mean that the consulate will get it within next 8 weeks? I am confused. Any clarification is greatly appreciated.

Also, if this case is supposed to be forwarded to the consulate, what is the next step? Should I send an email to consulate asking them when I can get an interview?

Octa,
Can you provide ur case number so that I will check the status and post the net steps here.

Thanks

I am sure the above is a genuine attempt to help.

However I would advise caution in sharing the case number
in a public forum.

No hard feelings guys!

Raju

Octa viva,

That means the review process is over and by this time the
case file should be on it's way to the consulate.

The next step (if you wish) is for you to get in touch (after 10 days or so) and you may communicate an alternate address for despatch of Packet 4.

They will not be able to confirm an interview date yet. You should probably have an interview in the month of December.

Raju

Thanx guys. I will check with the consulate within a couple of weeks. Looks like I am lined up for December interview. Which is good and bad. Bad in the sense that airtickets will be "very costly" in december :-( I would personally prefer interview in Jan for this reason.... I might talk to my lawyer about postponing as well... let's see.

Has anyone postponed the interview? Any experience there? How easy is it to postpone by a month?

Thanx again for all your replies.

Octo Viva

Octo Viva,

Based on the system response that you have mentioned, your case is still with NVC.

NVC Sends the cases to Mumbai consulate every Wednesday. After they send your case, the message on the NVC AVM will change to say, your case processing has been completed. The case has been forwarded to Mumbai Consulate.

Based on my own experience, you should call NVC tomorrow or day after tomorrow and you will get the new message.

Hi kkulkar,

You were right. NVC seems to send cases to the consulate on Wednesdays. I had called up today and got the message that my case was forwarded to Bombay on Oct 1st!! Looks like I am in for December interview!

Thanx for all your comments.