Sent incomplete I765 application for EAD Renewal

stump

Registered Users (C)
Issue:
I am applying for EAD Renewal, pursuing mail-in option. I forgot to select one of the checkboxes on the top portion of the I-765 application where it asks "I am applying for ". This was done this past week on 6/3/2010, my current EAD expires in 09/24/2010.

Request:
Can anybody on this forum who had similar issue, please share your experience.

Question:
Which option would be suggested by the wise guys here ...
1. Wait for the receipt notice, send a letter to phoenix office about the issue, hoping it to be fixed.
2. Wait for the receipt notice and then rejection notice, then re-apply
3. Go ahead and re-apply.

Eagerly waiting for responses.
Thank you
Stump!

I have been hopeful somebody on this forum would be kind enough to answer my questions. I just wanted to explore various options I have in case my application continues to get delayed or is denied. Anybody on this forum who can share a similar experience would be highly appreciated.
It has been 10 days since USCIS received my EAD renewal application still have not received any acknowledgment from them. Xsing my fingers!!
Thanks
Stump!

call them up

I have been hopeful somebody on this forum would be kind enough to answer my questions. I just wanted to explore various options I have in case my application continues to get delayed or is denied. Anybody on this forum who can share a similar experience would be highly appreciated.
It has been 10 days since USCIS received my EAD renewal application still have not received any acknowledgment from them. Xsing my fingers!!
Thanks
Stump!

If you get a receipt notice, call the CSR and see what can be done. Most likely, it will be immediately rejected as this would be considered incomplete.

stump, you are overreacting. Did you enclose a copy of your previous EAD as required? If so, it will be obvious what the intent of your application is (not to mention that other questions on the form ask you about previous EADs). This is not something I would worry about. Sending letters will just confuse things. If they really have a problem with a checkmark, they'll let you know. But if they don't (and they most probably won't), you shouldn't worry about it either.

Thanks guys for your comments.

I got a rejection notice in the mail two days ago. It specifically mentioned that the application is incomplete and even indicated where it was ("I am applying for" checkbox). I got the entire application packet back, including the original mailer (previous ead mailer), check, application and photos. I am kinda pleased that Phoenix office was quick in responding to incomplete application and not sending a rejection very late in the process.

Now that I have received my rejection I can go ahead and re-apply without worrying about two pending simultaneous applications. Below is the time line of my application in case people here are interested.

Application Received at Phoenix: 6/4/10
Rejection Notice Received: 6/15/10

I will be sending new application today.

Thanks
Stump!