Send in ur questions (if u are interested in switching employers based on 180 day law)

IGTE

Registered Users (C)
I am having an appointment with an attorney in another 45 minutes. I am one of those stuck with company name change shit and want to switch job based on this new 180 day law. Can you shoot any questions in ur mind which u think I should ask this attorney about it.

No Title

1) What document(s) required from the Current Employer before switching?

2) Should new position, with new employer, Job Title, Salary be exactly same as approved I140?
   If it is true then we are looser, as our currnet salary might be
   higher then in approved I140. And that was for the future job
   with sponsered employer.

3) Can sponsering employer, withdraw I140, I485 etc, if we make
   move?

No Title

My question is :

Since we don\'t have regulations about this law, is it advisable to switch jobs before INS gets the guidelines from the headquarters ?

No Title

Can the new job be anywhere (different from the current service center)

Once we chnage job from company X (current employer) to company Y, is it possible to change to some other company Z (if u r not happy with Y or Y wants to lay off) and so on (U don\'t want to change often but if there is a necessity...)

No Title

what recourse will we have if we change jobs depending on this law and INS rules that it is not retro-active? Can we challenge
that regulation in court? what is his opinion about what INS regulations will be, when they will be declared?

No Title

Here is the one that I got....

1. What all origianl documents(like I-140 approval, LC, I485 receipt..) should I get from my company?
2. Should my new employer hire me using my EAD?
3.If "yes" to Question 2: upon renewel of the EAD the company name in the application will be different won\'t this confuse/contradict the EAD renewal?
4.If "no" to Question 2: then how can the new employer hire me?
5.Since the law says "I140" is portable....meaning it belongs to the Employee, what would happen to my "LC",since it belongs to the employer as well? How are we(old employer and me) going to share the "LC"? What will happen if my old employer substitues my "LC" to someone with similar skills?
6.How should we "quote" my job change to INS for it to consider my "job change" legal?
7.Is there any legal loop hole that my old employer could jeopardize my I485 process?

No Title

IGTE,
What are the clarifications yoy recieved from attorney. Please shareif you dont mind. Thanks

No Title

Attorney got sick so they have to reschedule it for next week. I will post about it once I get the chance to speak to him.