senator's reply

ramprak

Registered Users (C)
My senator office called me today & said my case is waiting finger print response thats why approval is delayed & once response is received it will be approved,senator's office also said that if by nov if nothing happens they will contact BCIS again.
what is this finger print response?is it FBI who didnt send response to bcis & if so our FP is done before 15 months will FP response go beyond 15 months.
when I check my EAC NO. BCIS website says we received your fp decision is pending .........is this different from fp response?
Can I do something to rectify this delay like bringing to notice of FBI etc ....apart from FBI are there other departments involved in FP RESPONSE .........PLS ADVISE ...........THANX
rd:nov 23,2001 fp:april 5,2002 no rfe no 2nd fp .........

ramprak, that's exactly what I thought for all Nov/Dec cases lingering.

BCIS is waiting on our second FP! but we never got such kind of notice. The notice is never issued, and both side are waiting each other, in a dead loop.

It's definitely BCIS error. However, nobody can help in this situation. Maybe you can ask the senator to tell BCIS issue the notice.

ramprak, the senator called you, and said your case is conditionally approved? are you sure? so everything is ok
except second fp?

I would suggest calling Senator again or go there in person
and tell them you never received second FP notice, can BCIS
issue you a notice or if Senator can provide a proof so you cna
use your old FP notice to go fingerprinting.

ramprak, I sent you a private message.

Last edited by a moderator:
can you please let me know

which senator you contacted or in which state you live? Thanks.

Originally posted by ramprak
My senator office called me today & said my case is waiting finger print response thats why approval is delayed & once response is received it will be approved,senator's office also said that if by nov if nothing happens they will contact BCIS again.
what is this finger print response?is it FBI who didnt send response to bcis & if so our FP is done before 15 months will FP response go beyond 15 months.
when I check my EAC NO. BCIS website says we received your fp decision is pending .........is this different from fp response?
Can I do something to rectify this delay like bringing to notice of FBI etc ....apart from FBI are there other departments involved in FP RESPONSE .........PLS ADVISE ...........THANX
rd:nov 23,2001 fp:april 5,2002 no rfe no 2nd fp .........

ramprak:
what is ur exact online status? Does it show like "On XXX, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made".

It used to show me , "the results of fingerprint review is pending"
for two weeks when i did my first fp and it changed to processing has resumed message.

I think in your case they have missed the review results from FBI and still waiting for review...

Correct me if i am wrong/....

deng deng senator's office called me & said my case is pending due to fp response & I said I gave my fp more than 15 months back then senator's asst said yes but they r waiting for the response to come from dept outside of the bcis means may be FBI & other departments who has to give clearance on fp ..........senator's offfice said nothing about 2nd fp they were saying fp response ie where I got confused & thats why I was asking u people that fp received on so & so date on bcis website under our EAC NO. is different from fp response .......does fp response means fp clearance? but senator's office said if there is no development in our case by nov they will retake our case.
I dont think fp response means 2nd fp Iam guessing it as fp clearance ..........if anyone knows answers for my queries I will greatly appreciate it

ramprak, how do you know your case will be approved once FP is cleared

yeah, you should've checked if your FP wass cleared back when you did your first FP. now it's too late. But anyway, your FP is expired. So you should ask for second FP. ask senator if they can require another set of FP for you

ramprak, have you ever called FBI number?

maybe you can call now, call the 304 number, and give them your alien number on the receipt, and see if it has been cleared before

deng deng senator's office called me & said my case is pending due to fp response & I said I gave my fp more than 15 months back then senator's asst said yes but they r waiting for the response to come from dept outside of the bcis means may be FBI & other departments who has to give clearance on fp ..........senator's offfice said nothing about 2nd fp they were saying fp response ie where I got confused & thats why I was asking u people that fp received on so & so date on bcis website under our EAC NO. is different from fp response .......does fp response means fp clearance? but senator's office said if there is no development in our case by nov they will retake our case.
I dont think fp response means 2nd fp Iam guessing it as fp clearance ..........if anyone knows answers for my queries I will greatly appreciate it

Did you check with FBI regarding FP status?

the message under my eac no is"the result of your finger print review for your i-485 application to resgister permanent residence or to adjust status were received,and processing has resumed on your case we will mail u a notice if further action is needed or a decision is made"
when senator's office said my case is delayed as they r waiting for my fp response I was totally confused & said I gave my fp more than 15 months before then the senator's office said yes I know bcis is waiting for fp response from the other department & said if nothing will happen in 3months he will retake our case...............thats why I was not clear & asking u people to help me out in understanding where my case got stuck

ramprak, I think he's talking about second FP notice. your online status is fine, same as us. Ask him if he's talking about second FP. since your second FP expired on 7/5. Ask him if your file has been reviewed and temporarily approved.

Let me know!

no I didnt check my fp status with FBI but will calll them 2moro ....I got their ph no:304 625 5590 .....can any one tell me what details I need to give to FBI to find out my fp status apart from my fp date & service centre where fp is done,onemore query the date I did fp is apr 5 2002 but bcis website shows they received on apr 5 2002 the results of fp review so which date I need to give to FBI for checking my fp status

bcis shows they recieved on apr 10 2002 results of fp review for I-485 ...........in earlier mail I wrote apr 5 twice so ignore it & take 2nd date as apr 10 2002

ramprak, the FP is only valid for 15 months, so FBI probably doesn't have it any more.

I think senator is talking about 2nd FP, they may not be clear themselves, since they are not experts. Talk to them more aggressivly, and tell them you have been waiting enormously long time and that's service center error not sending your 2nd FP
notice.

Your online status means your first FP was received by BCIS.

when did you contact Senator lautenberg. They found the cause of delay at least.

Now you should ask them to issue you a 2nd FP notice. Without it, BCIS will wait on your case forever, after that, try to persuade Senator office for a Serivce Center Error expedite.

But you said your case has been approved pending FP, right, so you have nothing to worry about. How do you know it's approved

I already mentioned his name in earlier post they took around 3 dyas to give response .....Iam happy with their speed but Iam not clear what they meant.......Iam not sure what does fp response means .......

You know what

the FP the senator's ofice was talking about is your 2nd FP, I think. There is few other possibilities, if you think it thoroughly.

cole it is senator lautenberg ,newjersey

no deng deng I didnt tell anything abt conditional approval etc .....Iam just reiterating senator's office words.........they started with u have good news ur case is pending for fp response
so once it is recieved it should be done but if atall nothing happens in 3months contact us again we will retake the case..........then I said I already gave fp > 15 months back & he siad yes BCIS is waiting for fp response ....I mean they should get it from other department ............I didnt pursue the discussion further as I felt he has no detail info reg fp response so thought I clarify with u people & analyse what to do further
so pls any advises ...........