Senator in Illinois (Chicago)

Chicago73

Registered Users (C)
I am planning to write a letter to the local Senator (or congressman) in regard to the delay in my processing. Can anyone suggest me one in Chicago (or in greater Illinois) who is pro legal immigration ?

Thanks in advance.

ND: 11/20/01
AD: ??

Try sen. Dick Durbin

I tried writing to him a couple weeks ago. Within one week, I got a letter "signed by him" saying that someone in his office will follow up with my case, and I will hear within 30 to 60 days, or so.

I don't know how much contacting him will help, but it does not hurt to do so either. Note that he stated in his website that if any illinoisans have any type of case pending with INS for more than 18 mo. he/she can contact him.

Good luck!

Hi DaoMingTze ,

Can you let me know how to contact the senator and the procedure and also let me know the website address.. my case is pending since Nov'01 and RFE received by BCIS on 06/10/03.. till now i didn't get any info. ...Can i contact the senator now.. please let me know....

Thanks DaoMingTze for your reply

As per your suggestion, I just draffed a letter to the Senator.

Thanks again.

Chicago73

DaoMingTze & Chicago73...

Could you please let me know the letter(draft) to be send to senator...what all tobe notified in the letter...

letter

Unfortunately, I think I misplaced the copy of the lettter I sent to the senator.

I used his constituent service form (available from his website). In general , I just wrote in formal business letter style. I started by briefly explaining my situation, that I my case have been waiting for almost 700 days, far more than the 350-365 days in the receipt notice. I also include my RD/ND and LIN number. Then I subtly pleaded that he or someone int his office follow up with my case if possible, and offering him to contact me directly if he nneds more information on my case. last but not least, I thanked him for all his help.

Good luck!