senator contact/RFE sent

wang1

Registered Users (C)
I contact the senator office this morning. I get a call 2 hours late and say that VSC is sent a RFE for additional information. I am amazed how quick their response is. Are they just sending RFE for delaying the process?

Do you think it is a good sign?

What do you mean last update? After the person from senator office that I will get an RFE and I got email from VSC saying that June 28, request more information or evidence on my case. I am suprised with the speed and at the same time I do not why they can not just approve it. But they send me an RFE to delay the process. I do not understand. I will wait and see what kind of RFE is?

which senator in MA

Wang1,
could you tell me which senator did you contact in MA. ALso was this your first contact with the senator's office.

Thanks

wang1 said:
What do you mean last update? After the person from senator office that I will get an RFE and I got email from VSC saying that June 28, request more information or evidence on my case. I am suprised with the speed and at the same time I do not why they can not just approve it. But they send me an RFE to delay the process. I do not understand. I will wait and see what kind of RFE is?

The 'Last Updated Date' (LUD) means the date on their web site, that is if you have registered there. If you haven't, don't worry about LUD.

We too got an RFE after Senatorial inquiry. That appears to be the norm. Yes, they're pretty quick when there's a Senatorial inquiry.

Wang1,
Can you give the details of MA senator. I am thinking to contact a senator for my EAD delay (RD 02/04/2004. Called National Customer Service Center to enquire about EAD delay, once VSC processing dates passed 30 days from my RD (that trigged an RFE for first page of passport copy (they should be having all pages of passport in their file. I don’t know why they asked it again). My attorney mailed it few days backs and web status shows they received RFE response. Now the 90 day count for iEAD is reset by this stupid RFE. Yesterday I asked my company HR to extend my H1B as it is going to expire in few weeks)

Thanks,
Vengat

wang1 said:
It could have been just a coincidence that when ur Senator enquired they had already issued an RFE and ur Senator's office just conveyed that message. In which case, it is the norm.

It is my first time to contact senator office. The senator is Rep. Michael Capuano. I do not know if it is good or not. But I guess they at least touch the case. Hopefully after this RFE, i can get approval soon.