senator/congressman help

googol

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I just spoke to my lawyer about my asking a senator/congressman for help and he stongly recommended against it. He feels that it'll hurt the case since BCIS does not like getting congressional inquiries and they may therefore examine the case more closely and create other problems.

what do you guys think?

-googol
RD Nov 01
ND Dec 01
FP July 02
RFE April 03,
RFE rcvd by bcis May 03

I contacted my lawyer about a month ago with the same question. He wasn't too pleased with that idea. He just advised me to relax, wait and not to contact anybody.

RD Oct 2001
ND Nov 2001
RFE March 2003

I beg to differ

I believe seeking congress/senator helps. I did not have my 2nd FP after 18 months, and I sought help with my district congressman - Dennis Hastert's office on April 28, then got response letter from Dennis dated May 1. Soon I got second FP. Dennis is really doing things for the people.

RD Aug 01
ND Sept 01
should change my ID to "wait700days" by now.

Who gives a $#!^ about what BCIS likes or dislikes! I'm just fed up of waiting for ever, it's 24 months now. Anyway, I got in touch with my Senator's (OH) office and guess what! Got the notice for the 2nd fingerprint dated on the same day that the Senator's office inquired! Also, my 2nd AP was in the pipeline for a while and it got approved all of a sudden. Mere co-incidence?! Also my lawyer is no better than BCIS, I have already suffered from his stupidity and mistakes. Hey guys/gals, use your best judgement and do what is necessary. Don't live in fear!