Senate Bill Dies!!!

wantmygcnow

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks to Republicans and wing nuts such as KYL(who was the one who help draft the bill, then voted against it), the Immigration bill has died as of now. It doesn't look like it will be passed this year.

The vote to end debate and vote for passage of bill failed 45-50..It needed 60 votes.

Republicans used the tactics to introduce over 120 ammendments to extend the never ending debate.

Only positive things for us in this bill was 4 year citizenship. However if 12-20 million had come into the immigration system, I think the 4 year citizenship shouldn't have meant anything if it took double the amount for them to approve your citizenship.

Last edited by a moderator:
HI Want,

are you sure that the bill really included 4 year provision? I've talked to several people about this, and we all thought that the "bargain" version of the original S 1348 didn't have that unless Sen. Alexander ammendment would pass. Officially posted S 1348 is certainly not the right version as it even has increased numbers for F2A category, which is not the case in the "bargain" version.
thanks
PS I can not believe such person as Kyl was elected to be a senator.

HI Want,

are you sure that the bill really included 4 year provision? I've talked to several people about this, and we all thought that the "bargain" version of the original S 1348 didn't have that unless Sen. Alexander ammendment would pass. Officially posted S 1348 is certainly not the right version as it even has increased numbers for F2A category, which is not the case in the "bargain" version.
thanks
PS I can not believe such person as Kyl was elected to be a senator.

You are 100 percent correct but the possiblty of that was high since inhofe's ammendment passed(made english as national language).

But KYL killed eveyrthing family related which pissed of Senator Menendez who was the decisive vote in making sure Dorgan's ammendment that sunsetted the temp program after 5 years passed. It passed 49-48...and then KYL walked away. When Kyl walked away, his other racist brothers also walked away hence the bill failing.

Until I am alive, I will do anything possible to not visit Airzona(which Kyl represents) or ever vote for him ofcourse. He is one of the most ANTI-family person alive. I wonder where he came from..bastard. There are one million LPR spouses/kids that he hurt by voting against them yesterday.

Does that means that its "Game Over" for the bill already ?

Funkycat Spangky

Most likely its over. IT was more of a political thing on both sides. Democrats wanted to show that Republicans derailed the bill..Republcians wanted to show democrats were shoving a bill down their throats without proper hearings..

In the end this is a win for Legal Immigrants whoose rights would have been cut entirely...

Want is right that the only positive thing is the 4 year citizenship. It's better not to trade one gain with thousands of losses. So I think it's good for us that the bill fails.

stop blaming republicans

You are 100 percent correct but the possiblty of that was high since inhofe's ammendment passed(made english as national language).

But KYL killed eveyrthing family related which pissed of Senator Menendez who was the decisive vote in making sure Dorgan's ammendment that sunsetted the temp program after 5 years passed. It passed 49-48...and then KYL walked away. When Kyl walked away, his other racist brothers also walked away hence the bill failing.

Until I am alive, I will do anything possible to not visit Airzona(which Kyl represents) or ever vote for him ofcourse. He is one of the most ANTI-family person alive. I wonder where he came from..bastard. There are one million LPR spouses/kids that he hurt by voting against them yesterday.

want, stop blaming republican for everything bad going on in this world

the immigration bill died because of democrats for opposing and defeating
senator cornyn amendment which forbid criminal illegal aliens like gang members, drug dealers, and thugs from getting "Z" VISA or any benefits
from this immigration reform,

when this amendment died, at that time republican decided to kill the whole thing,

and thank god they killed, the last thing we need in this country criminal illegal aliens who have criminal records are getting amnesty

want, stop blaming republican for everything bad going on in this world

the immigration bill died because of democrats for opposing and defeating
senator cornyn amendment which forbid criminal illegal aliens like gang members, drug dealers, and thugs from getting "Z" VISA or any benefits
from this immigration reform,

when this amendment died, at that time republican decided to kill the whole thing,

and thank god they killed, the last thing we need in this country criminal illegal aliens who have criminal records are getting amnesty

John,

Corynn ammendment also made anyone who violated a court order to be deported criminally held. Go look at it. To please Corynn, Senator Kennedy introduced the same ammendment as corynn but removed the part where anyone who violated a court order could still adjust their status. That ammendment PASSED whereas corynn ammendment failed.

If Corynn ammendment had passed, illegal immigrants who had violated court order could not adjust or get a Z visa. By the way 40 percent of illegal population has violated a court order.

You can go read the details, I have followed the debate in and out and know the exact details.

John, are you that naive to think that after giving a fingerprint and USCIS finding out that you are criminal, they would give you a status or even let you stay in this country? That was the point of fingerprinting these folks.