• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Self-employment - European employer - ok for DV?

msfi

Registered Users (C)
I am a 2010 DV winner and am currently researching my options in case I get the second NL.

I am currently living in the UK, as a full-time contractor to a European company. I may be able to move this job to the US if I am successful in the DV.

So two questions:

1. Would this satisfy the requirement to have a job offer so I can support myself in the US? If not, I will rely on savings.

2. Should I be successful in the DV and move to the US with this job, how difficult is it likely to be to replicate my employment status here? (self-employed/sole trader - I pay tax, National Insurance, arrange my own healthcare etc).

thanks!

I am a 2010 DV winner and am currently researching my options in case I get the second NL.

I am currently living in the UK, as a full-time contractor to a European company. I may be able to move this job to the US if I am successful in the DV.

So two questions:

1. Would this satisfy the requirement to have a job offer so I can support myself in the US? If not, I will rely on savings.

2. Should I be successful in the DV and move to the US with this job, how difficult is it likely to be to replicate my employment status here? (self-employed/sole trader - I pay tax, National Insurance, arrange my own healthcare etc).

thanks!
Congratulations...
When did you get your NL???
Regards,

Starting a company in the US is not very hard..being succesful is something different. It all depends in what State, City, etc...and I have no clue what the DV rules are, but if you can support your self that would be fine...JMO!

What is your country or origin? English people aren't allowed to enter the DV so you can't be English...

In the end it is all up to you if you want to risk a good run company in England and go to the USA and start from scratch...

Starting a company in the US is not very hard..being succesful is something different. It all depends in what State, City, etc...and I have no clue what the DV rules are, but if you can support your self that would be fine...JMO!

What is your country or origin? English people aren't allowed to enter the DV so you can't be English...

In the end it is all up to you if you want to risk a good run company in England and go to the USA and start from scratch...

I have only recently started working as a contractor, so it wouldn't bother me to go back to being an employee. Though I love the work I do now and would like to keep it if I could.

I will do some more investigating on this. Specifically, will be interested to see if there is a minimum income threshold that's acceptable.