Self AP renewal, even though I have an attorney!

rchandran_19

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I want to renew my AP myself. First time I applied along with my I-485, thru my attorney. I can research and find out how to renew my AP..that's not my question.

My Question is:
Since I am being represented by my company attorney, my current AP was sent to the law firm....I had to call them and ask, only then they sent it to me.

If I apply AP myself, will it go to the attorneys office again? I dont want to use their service for renewals of AP's or EAD's....I want them only for taking care of I-485 issues.
So, without revoking the g-28, can I get my AP to my address when I renew it myself?

Thanks,
RC

If I apply AP myself, will it go to the attorneys office again? I dont want to use their service for renewals of AP's or EAD's....I want them only for taking care of I-485 issues.
So, without revoking the g-28, can I get my AP to my address when I renew it myself?

A new I-131 application is a new I-131 application. If you submit it yourself with no involvement from anyone else, there is absolutely no way the USCIS can involve anybody else. The G-28 only applies to the application it was sent with, nothing else. Anything you send later by yourself will be a standalone application and they will deal only with the applicant (you).

Hi All,

I want to renew my AP myself. First time I applied along with my I-485, thru my attorney. I can research and find out how to renew my AP..that's not my question.

My Question is:
Since I am being represented by my company attorney, my current AP was sent to the law firm....I had to call them and ask, only then they sent it to me.

Thanks,
RC

Nup, if you apply by your self your application does not go through your attorney also you dont need to file out G28
Thanks

Thank you, jk0274 and Glaxy99 for your reply.

However my attorneys would still be representing my pending AOS, right (since I submitted g-28 at the time of filing i-485)?

U can file it

Hi All,

My Question is:

Thanks,
RC

U can file it urself online without any attorney involvement.. make sure your filling up all information correctly and the address (your address where you want the approved AP to be sent), don't leave it blank.
Thats it, file it online, send the required document, you will get it with no issue.

Side note, I filed my EAD and AP myself and got approval so far with no issue.

Thank you, jk0274 and Glaxy99 for your reply.

However my attorneys would still be representing my pending AOS, right (since I submitted g-28 at the time of filing i-485)?

Yes, that's right. Your I-485 has a G-28 associated with it, and that won't change because of a subsequent new application you file separately later.

EAD Renewal - self filing

I have read may of your posting and respect your honest opinion. I see u have gathered huge experience in this ordeal.
I am applying for EAD renewal by myself as I decided to not shell out 200 bucks to my attorney for completing one page form for me. On the other hand I will have to do the drill to get the required paperwork out to him so that he can mail it out to NSC.
Anyway, here is my checklist of the required documents, please let me know if I am missing anything here...
1. check of whopping USD 340 (it hurts esp when I am not using it, just wanted to have it as backup when I see an opportunity)
2. Copy of my 485 receipt
3. copy of my previous EAD (front and back)
4. Copy of passport with I-94
5. Form I-765
6. EAD Mailer
7. (2) identical pp photos

Also, when it was filed in 2007 for the first time, the answer to question#16 was "C" "9". I wanted to know if the category changes when applying for renewal.

A timely response is greatly appreciated as I am planning to mail it out tomorrow. I am already late as my EAD expires by Sep09, 2008.

Many Thanks,
Regards,

U can file it urself online without any attorney involvement.. make sure your filling up all information correctly and the address (your address where you want the approved AP to be sent), don't leave it blank.
Thats it, file it online, send the required document, you will get it with no issue.

Side note, I filed my EAD and AP myself and got approval so far with no issue.

I don't think you're missing anything. I mailed the same documents with the addition of a copy of my H1B visa from my passport but I did this only because the last time when I entered US I used my H1B status. The category in question 16 does not change. I got my renewal EAD in 3 weeks from the TX Service Center. Good luck

Thanks Husha. I hope NSC is as fast and TSC. I am all set to mail it out then.

I don't think you're missing anything. I mailed the same documents with the addition of a copy of my H1B visa from my passport but I did this only because the last time when I entered US I used my H1B status. The category in question 16 does not change. I got my renewal EAD in 3 weeks from the TX Service Center. Good luck

Hi ,

I am also planning to apply my EAD and AP online without the attorney . Please let me know if you have any link which will help in filing the applications .
Do we need to send all the pages of passport with AP and EAD applications . Also should i send the AP and EAD IN SEPARATE envelope or in same envelop .

Thanks
Shailesh

Please check the I-765 filing instructions. It is clearly mentioned that if applying in C9 (pending I-485) category then I-94 is not needed. Also passport copy is not a requirement for renewal application. Since EAD and AP are independent applications, it should be filed in separate envelope.